1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Conan O'Brien to TBS

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Miguel, Apr 12, 2010.

1. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Lopez's family show wasn't bad for it's niche. OTOH, His comedy routine is atrocious.

2. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

It's strange that you say this because I always imagine each of your posts being spoken through the voice of George Lopez.

Jontro likes this.
  3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Since Conan cannot use the masterbating bear, he has introduced the self pleasuring panda.

It really stinks if he cant use his own character creations. Just hard to believe Triumph is dead.

4. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Who says Triumph is dead. Pretty sure that character belongs to Robert Smigel.

5. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

well triumph is a little different and although robert performs as triumph, who actually thought of it i dont know. He did debut on Conan so i'm not sure if it was a Conan production creation or what...

Regardless, substitute him for pimpbot or masterbating bear to ignore technicalities

6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Video from Conan on tour:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7jLA4sSswHk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7jLA4sSswHk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

"I Will Survive"
    <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x-rc8kjzS8M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x-rc8kjzS8M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

#66 DieHard Rocket, Apr 13, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Self Pleasuring Panda... nice

8. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

read an article reviewing his first stand up in eugene, said theres some video skits and believe it mentioned triumph is a part of that.

9. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

Conan: I Wouldn't Have Done What Leno Did To Me

In His First Post-Tonight Show Interview, He Tells Steve Kroft He Wasn't Even Sure NBC Really Wanted Him to Stay

(CBS) Conan O'Brien says he would have left NBC rather than do what Jay Leno did to him, in his first interview since being forced off the Tonight Show.

O'Brien's interview with "60 Minutes" correspondent Steve Kroft will be broadcast this Sunday, May 2, at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

"He went and took that show back and I think in a similar situation, if roles had been reversed, I know...I know me, I wouldn't have done that," O'Brien says. "If I had surrendered The Tonight Show and handed it over to somebody publicly and wished them well and then…six months later. But that's me, you know. Everyone's got their own, you know, way of doing things," he tells Kroft.

Asked by Kroft what he would have done, O'Brien says, "Done something else, go someplace else. I mean, that's just me."

O'Brien eventually left NBC, deciding not to play second-fiddle to Leno. He says he didn't see the point in giving his all in a relationship that seemed to have no future. "I think this relationship is going be toxic and maybe we just need to go our separate ways," he says. "That's really how it felt to me…and I started to feel that I'm not sure these- people even really want me here….I can't do it [anymore]."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/04/27/60minutes/main6438433.shtml

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Still pissed at Leno.

11. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

arnold was on jay last night and even though i love arnold, i refused to watch jay. classless prick

12. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Good, Lopez is just not that funny IMO.

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Well, apparently Lopez liked the move. I guess he feels like it can only help his ratings.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I didn't realize what Leno did was so shitty. You also have to hand it to Conan, he paid the entire crew out of his pocket for close to a year.

I don't even get how people found Jay funny, he caters to the lowest common denominator.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

He was actually pretty well regarded as a stand up. Talk shows are about high profile bands, guests and getting a good story or interaction out of them.

17. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I actually thought this thread was bumped because the show is cancelled or something....

long live Conando!

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

That man will be honored with a roar of cheers when he decides to to step down and retire not because he was forced to.

Dave2000 likes this.
  19. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Loved that Conan bit with Tom Cruise in London from last night's show: