1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Conan O'Brien to TBS

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Miguel, Apr 12, 2010.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Ever heard of DVR/Tivo?

One reason I can't stand Lopez...He's a huge laker fan :mad:

2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I hope Andy goes with him. More Andy!

3. AkeemTheDreem86

I cannot tell you how many times this has happened to me.

You're not alone, always remember that.

I would have liked to see Conan follow Stewart/Colbert every night, but this'll do. Anyone know how long the contract is for?

1 person likes this.
  4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Something like that could get very ugly very quickly. All nice guys, but egos are egos. If they weren't also an NBC-Universal subsidiary, USA would be a pretty solid cable match. They've got enough servicable, prime-time first-run shows on that they could round out their profile with a late night talk show.

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Oh c'mon, nothing beats Snoop Dogg and George Lopez playing chat roulette bingo.

<object width="448" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhoP3cjh7H5D3f4RE4"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhoP3cjh7H5D3f4RE4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"></embed></object>

Or Ron Artest making Usher crap his pants

<object width="448" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshh8Esoo91130NMF9G7"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshh8Esoo91130NMF9G7" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"></embed></object>

Ok, maybe we could have done without Ron and his raps. :cool:

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I left California because there were too many Laker Fans stabbing each other with churros. I could have eaten those churros and stabbed those Laker Fans with knives, but I held off.

Later in my life I realized what a mistake everything I had ever done had been, but it was too late now to go revising past missteps. I needed to take my ball and run with it, and take my ball I did.

1 person likes this.
  7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^^ Churros [nodding]. :eek: Churros is the keyword there, sir.
    :( It's not fun when you call my name before... (*that's what SHE said)

8. cavevato

cavevato Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cNi3SYHSzPU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cNi3SYHSzPU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I gave Lopez tonight a chance, but man is it horrible...too Hispanic/stereotypical for my tastes, but to each their own...

10. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Good God that is horrible. His signature "look to the right, smile, and stick out my tongue" after every punch line is the most annoying thing I've ever seen. I'm going to have to be sure to turn the TV off quickly after Conan.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I see what you did there

12. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Yup.

I guess on the bright side for his show he can be a little more crazy on cable.

13. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

the reports are that lopez personally called conan and sold him on it.

its actually a good move for lopez as he know has a decent lead-in for his own crappy show.

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I dunno. I like lopez.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

wow, goerge lopez did something good

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

I heard Conan wants to be the first billionaire talk show host.

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Great move for Lopez; when O'Brien moves back to network, he'll have Lopez do a bunch of stand-up and guest-hosting spots, then either get him Ferguson or Fallon's job, or another network sitcom.

18. SwoLy-D

Will all of you look at the YouTube video of GEORGE LOPEZ calling out Conan and Jay Leno?!?!? Check it out again.

LOL @ Conan accepting this "suggestion" from raspy-ass voiced George Lopez whom at one time, during the monologue someone posted from YouTube, called Conan a "pendejo" which is a very bad insult to someone. It's like calling them "*******" in Spanish. :eek:

I do not like George Lopez for this. I hope he notices he did this and apologizes to Coco.

19. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I'm sure Lopez was talking out of his ass trying to be funny and wasn't completely serious. Now that Conan is going to give him a bigger audience than ever, the ass kissing will commence.

20. SwoLy-D

I see what you mean, but he still shouldn't call anyone any names. :eek: Why would you have to go through an explanation or an "I wasn't being serious" talk?

Maybe I just don't identify any "Hispanic" or "Mexican" stuff Lopez says. Sure, it's stereotypical... sure it's funny... but... his *)$&^#*&$ VOICE... it's annoying.