1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Computer-Internet-Video Capture related Question

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Earl Cureton, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Earl Cureton

Earl Cureton Contributing Member

I have a Hauppauge Win-TV Card attached to my pc that allows me to view television broadcast as well as capture images to my hard drive. I would like to know if I can send what I am viewing thru my tv-card thru the Internet, especially if it's live. Is there a special kind of video capturing hardware or software that is capable of this? Thanks.

2. Heretic

Heretic Member

There should be a way to link it but it's possible that straight television signals are going to be too much for even a broadband connection because they're very dense.

You'd need to convert the TV signal to a more bandwidth friendly format. I'm fairly sure there's a way to do it though.

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

EC, don't you know it's illegal to broadcast Rocket games on the internet. You have to have written consent from the NBA. (and me so i can get paid some jack.)

Your intentions are good though.

4. ferri001

ferri001 New Member

I found your question and registered to this forum for two reasons : first one is because i have the answer and second one is because i love basketball and play it fairly well even so that another day i was playing with Samuel Davis Dalembert . About the answer i work at a company that has just launched a beta version of a software called 1AVCenter that broadcasts live video to the internet including video from the tv-card so if you want to check it out please go to:
    http://www.sof2ware.com/

5. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

wow Earl, looks like you are in luck. By the way Ferri, welcome to the year 2007.

6. WildSweet&Cool

Download Windows Media Encored (free from Microsoft). It will let you stream out of your computer. You will, of course, have to poke a hole in your firewall. People who view your feed can do so using just Windows Media Player, but they will need to make a slight adjustment to their settings.

There's a thread on all of that here: http://forum.videohelp.com/topic225049.html

7. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

you do realize this guy asked this question 4 years ago?

8. WildSweet&Cool

WTF!!!! somebody bumped a 4-year-old thread?!?!

Who the hell bumps a four-year-old thread?!?!

(well... if it was a music thread, I'm sure Manny would bump it)