1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comprehensive Injury Report

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cambyrd, Dec 19, 2005.

1. cambyrd

cambyrd Member

With all the injuries that have occurred lately and the "woe is us" feeling spreading through this discussion group, I thought it'd be a good idea for us to have a comprehensive injury thread that details what injuries each player currently has and what date each player is expected to return. I have performed a little research (and I emphasize little) and have put together a list of injured players, injuries and expected return date. I don't know what some of the injuries are and I don't know when some of the players are coming back so there are some holes to be filled in.

1. Rapher Alston - Hairline fracture in leg - 12/25/05 - 1/15/06 (this is according to the thread started by bplld that I can't seem to find).

2. Derek Anderson - strained right calf - 12/31/05 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3183)

3. Jon Barry - ? - ?

4. Yao Ming - Sore big toe - 12/25/05 - 12/28/05 (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/3534030.html)

5. Dikembe Mutombo - dislocated finger - 12/25/05 - 01/01/06 (this is according to the thread by tested911 but I never saw a link or news story about it)

6. Bob Sura - back? - after 01/01/06 (this is according to many references on this board about Sura being back after the new year)

2. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

think the deal with barry was a stress fracture in his foot.

3. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

I just looked at our schedule and I have to say, Yao's injury cannot have come at a better time. We have only 2 games in the next 8 days! and it's against 2 of the weaker teams in the league. Extending that even further, we only have 5 games in the next 15 days! and besides GS, which is the last of the 5 games, all the teams are fairly weak.

4. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Denver is NOT weak, they're deep and have at least one advantage against us: health (a big advantage I might add)

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Take it as you will, but JB was on 610 this morning and said that he is not even able to run yet.

6. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

DENVER is not healthy:

CAMBY out for three games. Martin hurt again, buckner and Earl out also

7. droxford

droxford Member

Jon Barry's new injury:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=251206010

Jon Barry, who sat out Houston's last three games with a bruised left foot, played only two minutes before getting hurt again. Barry entered with 2:59 left in the opening quarter, then strained his right calf with 1:01 remaining and didn't return

also, Deke's finger was dislocated and lacerated, requiring 8 stitches. link

8. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Both Camby & Martin are out. Not sure for how long.

9. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

If we can hit the .500 mark by the end of the year, I will believe anything is possible.

I was thinking last night how much the Lakers suck - they can't beat us when we have six guys out of our rotation injured?

10. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

obviously he's playing wednesday then.

11. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

seriously....could we HAVE any more injuries this season? next thing you know van gundy falls down the stairs and breaks his hip and is out for a month........but would that be a bad thing? :p