1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Completely pointless waste of a season for the third year in a row!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Phillyrocket, Apr 26, 2012.

1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    Can I go and sell my cookies now?

2. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I paid over $200 for mine!!!!!

3. jogo

jogo Member

Our record will be better than the Bobcats or Raptors for at least the next 4 years. Will you enjoy watching those teams more than ours even if their records are worse year after year? If so, then it doesn't matter if we win or lose, apparently, because all you need is a young player or two to keep your interest. Well, I hope we draft young players for potential as well, but I'm not wishing we had the crappy rosters of the Cats or Raps.

4. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

well u guys READY for another year of this !!!

#14 Pick of the 2013 NBA draft by the Houston Rockets is ......... Sum Tin Wong from China.

5. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I do not think it was a waste of a season at all. The younger players improved, and now management knows that they need to bring in some prime time talent to truly make a run towards the NBA hierarchy.

Houston is lacking four things that will keep them from going to playoffs consistently or even deep into playoffs.

1. Star player or a true go-to guy, obvious.

2. A good frontline, out of top 10 Western teams, we have one of the weaker front-lines among those teams
    Splitter(Blair)-Duncan-Leonard
    Perkins-Ibaka-Durant
    Bynum-Gasol-Artest (Barnes)
    Jordan-Griffin-Butler
    Gasol-Randolph-Gay
    McGee(Koufos)-Faried-Gallanari
    Haywood-Nowitzki-Marion (Carter)
    Jefferson-Milsap (Favors)-Carroll
    Dalembert (Camby)-Scola-Parsons
    Gortat-Fyre-Dared

We have a solid frontline compared to most teams, but the teams we are competing against in the conference seem more athletic, versatile, or have much better presence in the post.

I watched the Spurs and Jazz, earlier. Jefferson, Milsap, Kanter, and Favors aren't superstars or perfect players, but they are versatile offensively, while defensively they can post problems against lesser athletic teams or teams who lack a true post presence. Most of all, they are a great rebounding team, while the Spurs are not so bad, either.

3. This organization seems like it loves cutting corners to compete (it was an issue before Morey was GM, as well), and its weird the one or two years we didn't cut corners are the seasons that we had the best chances of winning. (2007-2009). There's a difference between win now and winning big. One of the biggest reasons Yao-TMac never went further into playoffs were because of the role players and no third go-to scorer.

The problem could range from not having players that other teams want (or players they are not willing to give much for) to not drafting enough players with a higher ceiling (a true higher ceiling).

4. Depth, it was an issue at the first of year. It might be an issue again, if we lose Martin, Lowry and/or Dragic, and fail to draft quality players. It's one of the biggest reason that Rockets couldn't keep up their intensity, the guys were getting warn out and they are not exceptional players.

With Morey, I think he's been one of the better drafting Rocket GMs over the last couple of decades. He hasn't really drafted a bust player, yet or a player that was completely awful for his draft spot.

6. teebone21

teebone21 Member

that jazz front line is the best, Jefferson, millsap and favors at PF.

7. teebone21

teebone21 Member

morey seems to draft according to a players percieved skill level. Athletic ability isnt high on his list which is something we need alot of right now.

8. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Perceived skill level??? Sort of, kind of, not really. More so than past GMs/coaches, Morey does make a better effort to go after the best available talent or most potential.

We just haven't been drafting high enough to get a really talented player, or had enough pieces for the good players.

9. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

You said it. They will once they get Anthony Davis.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

the title of the thread says it all. I completely agree.