1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(compared to other teams) Astros lose too many good players?...

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by ROXRAN, Aug 1, 2008.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

From highlights,...from other teams...from the chron's list on the website...They are there. ex-Astros players...Most of them, above average, performance wise...you can name 5 or 6 good ones of the top of your head...Is this seemingly a problem that the Astros have moreso...Or does it seem so because we are area fans???

2. DoitDickau

DoitDickau Contributing Member

Now?

most of the good players the astros "lost" are overthe hill or retired. But off the top of my head, all time i would say player that the astros had but lost (gave away) before their primes: Joe Morgan, Curt Schilling, Kenny Lofton, Johan Santana, Bobby Abreu, Steve Finley, Ken Cammy, Luis Gonzo, Melvin Mora, Garcia, Guillen.
    The only ones that are still in their primes are Santana, and maybe Guillen.

most teams probably have similar list over 40 years. the 1990's astros did lose an abnormal amount of all-star players before their primes, but other than that period, I don't think they've lost an abnormal amount.

3. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

I NEVER KNEW the astros had kurt, johan, and bobby... but things like this always seem to happen to the astros or even rockets

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

and every other professional team in the history of ever; this is not unique to the houston-area.

hell, just the guys you mentioned - schilling, santana and abreu - have been with... this is off the top of my head... 12 different organizations combined. ESPECIALLY in baseball, guys are going to move through multiple systems.

5. MaxwellsTemper

The Astros are no different than any other team in that regard.

6. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

7. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member