1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Communist China continue to practice Capitialism

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I have no idea what they question. I'm just saying we don't know.

It will be interesting if the current slow down makes them put climate change on the back burner.

2. Mr. Clutch

If they are getting jailed for political speech then I'm guessing they have bigger things go worry about than agw

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

US and UK standout. But US is what count the most. The two most important data would be US and China, the two biggest economy and if they don't do something, other smaller countries help, but it's in vain.

4. Mr. Clutch

US has lowered emissions the most out of all countries

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is my point, you don't know. That is why I find it odd that you are arguing against the idea that there isn't a debate in the PRC other this issue. There are debates over a lot of issues in the PRC. Just because speech is severely restricted doesn't mean Chinese as a people (including those in HK and Macau) are mute and toe the government line on every issue.

If AGW was an issue that many Chinese disagreed with you would here about it just like we hear about things like Falun Gong.

As far as putting the issue on the back burner I doubt it. The PRC is now the leader in solar and among the leaders most other green technologies. There is a lot invested in this and it wouldn't surprise me if a push towards green technology and infrastructure, which is already happening, will be used to justify greater spending to prop up the economy.

6. Mr. Clutch

well if we don't know then people shouldn't argue that the Chinese agree with all the steps against climate change they are taking

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

For CO2. And we need to do more.

Also, % reduced is a fairer comparison, if comparison is the point. When you are the huge emitter relative to others, you can be the huge reducer relative to other.

The lowered emission is both a result of economic downturns and coal reduction.

8. Mr. Clutch

What is the % reduction?

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I think Poll is clear. If you don't believe it, you would need to show some evidences, not simply said free speech is suppressed.

Also, if you haven't notice, the internet is doing a thing to China's communication. They might be able to block incoming, but within their country, public debate and discussion is as fast and unpredictable as any country. The government, if it want to stop something that the public is discussing, is almost always late and the words are already out.

10. Mr. Clutch

My evidence is pretty clear. It's a fact that they suppress speech and dissent

Agree with the rest of the countries

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

You have evidence that they suppress doubter of AGW?

What about in HK?

What about in other Asian countries?

Because the suppress speech, doesn't mean they suppress doubters of AGW. That's a logical fallacy.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm saying you in particular don't know.

As someone who frequently goes to the PRC, with family in HK, and have been involved both from the business and government side with the PRC I try to keep up with developments there. While I have no way of knowing what everyone thinks there if there was a strong movement denying AGW it would get out. As Txtony noted the PRC ability to clamp down on internal debate is limited and the Great Firewall is very porous. For that matter HK and Macau sitting outside the Great Firewall.

13. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

LOL at the AGW talk. Want to do something about your footprint? Go vegan. Not already a vegan or don't want to go vegan? Then quit whining and blaming others for your "problems".

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

EPA's clean power plan might serve as a backdoor catalyst of cap-and-trade in the US, once it gets over all the lawsuits. It will anyway go a long way in reducing US CO2 emissions.

15. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I don't understand why people are so against putting massive solar arrays and wind turbines everywhere in the first place. Would it not create jobs, even if only for a short 5-10 year time period? Sort of like Sanders plan to repair our infrastructure.

16. nolimitnp

And we're freaking America, the wealthiest country in the history of the world. Europe and Japan have systems of high speed trains running on magnetism. We still rely on the nastiest form of transportation ever created, airplanes. We're stuck on oil

17. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

How long have you been a vegan?

18. nolimitnp

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yea, he think that you going vegan solve the co2 issue, instead of an effort to get nation and government to put in policies toward future energy. Been repeated for years in various forms, including kill yourself.

20. nolimitnp

I understand the vegan argument, but no