1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[commercial real estate] Houston entrepreneurs launch TheSquareFoot website

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrdave543, Sep 13, 2011.

1. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Couple of my good friends launched their website today. Figured I would promote it anyway I can. Check it out if interested in commercial real estate leasing and spread the word!

http://www.thesquarefoot.com/

"TheSquareFoot was born in late 2010 in Houston, Texas. Seeing business owners and entrepreneurs like ourselves struggle through the commercial real estate leasing process made us think there must be a better way. We say that a lot around here because searching for the right space today is so inefficient and can be such a pain.

You can probably tell how excited we are about what we think is a groundbreaking platform in the commercial real estate leasing business: an online community that educates and enables prospective tenants to better understand and navigate the leasing process.

TheSquareFoot is an online platform that helps prospective tenants find the perfect commercial real estate space to lease. Our company is unique: our approach strengthens the tenant’s position in the overall leasing process. Our goal is to improve the process for the prospective tenant and we have no vested interest in the leasing transaction.

By the way, we’d love to hear from you. Are you now a prospective tenant, or have you looked for space in the past? Drop us a note and tell us what you liked or disliked about the process. Are you a broker or landlord? Let us know what causes you pain and how you think the process could be streamlined.

When prospective tenants find their perfect space as painlessly as possible…everyone wins!

Watch our presentation and see why we are so excited to launch this service."

2. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

hate to be rude, but were CoStar, Loopnet, Commgate and Occonnordata not enough for the market?

and i see they are doing the tenant rep thing, but there are plenty of us around as is.... kinda confused by their broad concept.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Cool. I'll check it out.

4. mrdave543

Not offended, as this is not my business, and I don't work in the commercial real estate market, so I don't know a lot about it. From what I do know it sounds like the whole tenant-rep, brokers, etc is a huge mess and very confusing to anyone looking at renting space. Appreciate the response though.

5. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I was drawn to the thread not because I'm looking for commercial real estate, but because I do web design and wanted to see the site itself. Usually, I can't help but pick apart a site and point out the things that bother me.

But I must say, that is a nice looking website. Very minimal and clean layout with a strong call to action right in the middle of the screen. The little help/chat widget at the bottom is a nice touch.

I hope the site does well, and feel free to pass on my feedback.

6. mrdave543

I definitely will pass along the feedback, I know they spent a lot of time and $$ on the web design, so they will appreciate any type of feedback like that (positive or negative!).

7. Games6&7in94

Games6&7in94 Member

A someone who recently leased space I thought I'd chime in here.

CoStar, Loopnet, and Commgate are just listing services that don't help the prospective tenant looking for space online understand the leasing process. In fact, those websites aren't even designed to help the tenants, they are solely for brokers and landlords by brokers and landlords. A prospective tenant who has never leased space before has no idea who the players are, what's available, what the process is, and how to negotiate a lease. If they go to one of the aforementioned websites, they just get a bunch of listings. That doesn't do anything for me if I'm new to the process. In fact, finding a listing and just driving to the location is the #1 mistake a prospective tenant can make when searching for space.

Hell, the blog on this new site says it all: http://www.thesquarefoot.com/houston/office-rental-houston-why-do-it-yourself

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Online ombudsman marketing? C'mon....

Good luck disrupt'n and-a innovatin'.

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

the website is nothing special imo, just a blog format. It's not unprofessional or anything like that and it is simple so it has that going for it.