1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[COME ON FRONT OFFICE] Playoff Ticket Pricing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sooty, May 9, 2017.

1. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Are the front office happier making more money and being ok with less fans attended as a result of high ticket prices?

We NEED to talk about it now.

Case in point -

• Tickets were released yesterday.
    • The front office blocked out lots of tickets, called them and they said there weren't any tickets left in the upper bowl.
    • Had a look right now and there are sooooo many tickets available for sale
    • Not only that, tickets I know people purchased yesterday are anywhere between $20-40 more expensive than they were purchased yesterday. SAME EXACT SECTION.

Stop the damn empty seats.

#endrant

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I think it's part of the continued urbanization of the Toyota Center Experience

3. Sooty

No one else has an issue with the ridiculousness of the front office and trying to make a buck rather than fill out the stadium?

4. Sooty

Haha now the tickets people have purchased on opening day are cheaper than what people purchased before.

Seriously, and they expect us to become season ticket holders again?

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah they suck.

Confirmed.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

people cry way too much about tickets around here and for pretty dumb reasons

7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Lol truth bro. Im not a "big baller" and i can afford em. All the stats say that they are league average in ticket prices

Reeko likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

man i wouldn't be surprised if half the people that keep complaining spend way more on stuff that doesn't even matter, yet for a top playoff western conference matchup that your hometown team is fighting in tickets are "so high"

Reeko and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'll gladly buy when we get to the finals, whether it is this year or sometime later in my lifetime. I've already had the 2nd round experience no point in spending money on crazy over priced seats.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

nothing wrong with that but the complaining about these supposedly over price seats for one of the best teams in the league in the midst of a playoff run is pretty stupid, especially when guys make it seem like they should be offering these basically for free.

Reeko and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I think I'm more annoyed that organization is not allowing for seats to be bid on Flash Seats. I get it that they want to control the price of the market but ****, flash seats is always my go to place for slightly or waaaay cheaper seats.

glenadyll likes this.
  12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I don't trust OPs story about prices changing. Been a STHfor years and buy playoff extras, etc, and what he says has never happened.

More often than not the complainer just has his facts wrong.

Be more specific in your story, for instance. Who are the ppl (STHs buying extras or not) who are they buying from, direct with rockets or secondary, etc.

I mean, we can try to help, but first you should assume you're misunderstood something. Rockets don't change prices once released like you're saying

13. Mr. Clutch

Exactly, it's just poor customer service. They try to scrape up an extra few bucks while annoying everyone a lot. The $1 beers aren't even a normal size and they're limit 1.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

haha yeah i didn't notice that until i went during the first round against okc. I asked if this started just for the playoffs or was it something that started at the end of the regular reason. nobody answered

15. Sooty

Heypartner.

I purchased tickets in section 403 on Monday morning at $99 from the Rockets over the phone, I'll send you the receipt if you want. During game 5 the same row, there was a for $119. I just had a look this morning and in section 403, one row in front is $89.

I should've taken a screenshot during game 6, even yesterday the tickets were slightly higher price. I don't mind forking out the money for it. The issue I have is the ever changing prices on the tickets for playoffs, and then the front office trying to scrape every dollar they can. Would you prefer a fuller crowd?

Oh, please, don't say the Rockets don't change ticket pricing. I just got an email form a Rocket's rep (Premium Sales Executive) saying the pricing does change by they have no control over the pricing. I can show you that email too. "I have no control over pricing. Sorry to hear your frustration."

I've had season tickets during 14/15 and 16/7

16. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Funny reference to that filthy bigot thread.

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They are definitely among the higher priced teams in the NBA:

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/studies/nba-playoff-ticket-prices-2015/

If you go to the spurs site for similar tickets in the upper deck the tickets are half the price of the rockets tickets.

Houston is not a basketball town. The fact that Les wants to price gouge for tickets isn't helping. There have been empty seats in almost every game I have been to.

Does anyone know if you can do an exchange? For example if you bough a ticket for for 100 bucks, but there are better seat available for 90 bucks will they let you swap the tickets since 100 > 90? I think that would be a nice gesture.

#17 Air Langhi, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
    Mr. Clutch likes this.
  18. Mr. Clutch

Yeah they price gouge then offer these crappy $1 things to get people in early. The problem isn't people getting there early, it's people not getting there at all.

19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Just once they ought to do a crazy experiment . Sit everyone from the upper bowl down in the lower bowl .

Our upper bowl fans are consistently good and crazy ; down low we only have the rowdies

20. Sooty

I received a refund for game 1 and 2 for the OKC series for the difference in price. They wouldn't do it for this game with the pricing difference.

But apparently, according to heypartner the Rockets pricing changes "has never happened" and "Rockets don't change prices once released"