1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Collier to Start as PF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JayZ750, Jun 30, 2000.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think this is a real possibility. I know most everyone in here loves KT - he had an ok year -, but I really think Rudy might pencil in Collier to start at PF. I mean, to be realistic, KT was a number 22 pick last year and nobody thought he woudl do anything. The same is true for COllier, but he is a number 15 pick. THe only reason I wouldnt start him would be if KT had a serious athletic edge over him. I dont htink that is the case though. Plus, from all reports, COllier shoot smuch better than KT (Kenny shot down around 38 % or something).

I see many possibilities.
    Start Hakeem (if healthy) and COllier- Bring Cato of the bench for Hakeem midway through first quarter. Bring KT of bench for COllier near end of firts quarter (2-3 minutes left). THen maybe bring back dream a couple of minutes into the second to play alongside Cato--seriously defensive minded frontcourt. It could go on from there, maybe putting Collier back in the lineup with 4 minutes left in second.

I dont really know. Could also start CAto and bring Hakeem off the bench. I guess the games will dictate matchups. Im pretty excited to see it though. I think with OCllier we have 3 very athletic, extremely tall big men. THen KT adds a nice dimension off the bench. I realize that Collier is probably more of a bench,role player in the future. Also Iknow many of you dont think so highly of him and many are just awaiting the FA period, but I htough I would just throw out some new matchups.combos with our new draftees.

Imagine a lineup of
    Francis
    Cuttino
    Anderson
    Collier
    Cato

That could be really dangerous in my opinion. Its too bad Anderson isnt 3-4 inches taller, he would be the perfect SF for our system, allowing Cuttino to start. Oh well.

------------------
    When I die I want to go peacefully like my grandfather. Not screaming like the passengers in the back seat!