1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Cowherd calls out media on Westbrook bias

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Apr 26, 2017.

1. jogo

jogo Member

Cowherd is a turd. He's been awful his whole life and will remain that way. He doesn't care about the MVP - he only cares about saying controversial things to try to get ratings. He thinks "Everyone (almost!) loves Westbrook. I'll trash Westbrook and people will listen!" It's so transparent it's not even funny.

Don't forget:
    On November 28, 2007, one day after Taylor's home invasion murder, Cowherd claimed that Taylor's past had brought this upon him, and that Redskins fans who mourned him were not "grown-ups".

On July 23, 2015, Cowherd made remarks connecting the number of baseball players from the Dominican Republic to the game's alleged simplicity. The observation that the Dominican Republic "has not been known in my lifetime as having world class academic abilities", because "a lot of those kids come from rough backgrounds and have not had opportunities academically that other kids from other countries have."

He's a racist prick and probably more. Don't fall for his sheet.

BMoney and Scarface like this.
  2. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

You know how fanbases are if a media guy says one thing that favors their team he's smart all of a sudden. If he dogged Rockets players you guys would be going nuts on what an idiot he is.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Cowherd has been meh in the past no question, but at least in this case i like him for not following the agenda when basically everyone is following it, and what 90% of the media is doing is worse anyway

Ramo$e, Pen15clubber and jnuge90 like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

but he didn't, he didn't fall for the Westbrook hype

I wouldn't even have had a problem with the media caping for Westbrook at every opportunity if they were bringing forth sound arguments filled with logic and reasoning, but instead their arguments were stupid and full of bias/hypocrisy

5. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I'll never call him Cowterd again. He went about face. Used to be a huge Harden hater.

Ramo$e and No Chill Rocket like this.
  6. Mr Chuck Norris

I still don't like him and he's a racist clown for that **** he said about John Wall. But he's dead on about Russ and the media coddling him.

7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

If you really know basketball you like harden.

If you like winning you like harden.

If you like highlights and box scores you like Westbrook (not like harden doesn't put up the 2nd best number in the league or anything lol)

Broussard is a character but he knows basketball and he's always like harden. He voted him for MVP 2 years ago and defending the players voting for harden over steph.

He knows if you put harden on okc roster or clippers roster over Westbrook and cp3 that both those teams get better and the talent will be maximized.

Harden does not get enough credit. Ppl don't know what there watching.

He just took a rockets team with good players but not great ones around him not future allstars let alone hof talent and made them the 10th best offense of alltime and not far off from golden state offense this season a team that had two mvps under 30 and 2 other allstars.

Harden is the truth.

Only Lebron and maybe curry could have done what harden did offensively from a team perspective with this group.

Take that for data

8. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

He's not racist he just has strong opinions.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

macho GRANDE likes this.
  10. arubato

arubato Member

I'm okay calling out the media for their bias but calling out the coach for defending his player is wrong.

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

this dude looks like bill hader

12. WestendMassive

I hate that I agree with something Colin Cowherd says. The guy just seems like the ultimate jackass

macho GRANDE likes this.
  13. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

This guy is an idiot. Don't care what he says, and most people shouldn't either. Doesn't matter if you agree with this one thing he's said. Im sure there's loads of other crap that he's said that's just as dumb haha.

14. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

The media goes with the most exciting player. It's been that way for ages. It's too bad Harden is just not as fun to watch as Curry and Westbrook

15. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

He's totally singing a different song this season. In a conversation with everybody's favorite basketball mind, Chris Broussard, Colin and him both said if they could pick between Westbrook, Chris Paul, and Harden to build a team around, they'd choose Harden. He really likes Harden now...

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

That's cause they voted him for MVP and so they are rationalizing their vote in their mind.

17. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

He bashed harden for playing himself last season but admitted Harden has changed his game and gave him his props.

18. dream2franchise

Some exaggeration there but mostly on the money. Don't care for Cowherd though.

It was remarkable to watch. Russ would open the game getting to the basket at will, finding open players and just controlling the game. By the time the 4th rolls around, he just starts throwing up garbage. His inability to recognise what works is mind-boggling.

It's been fascinating because this was the only series in which the supporting cast of a team got so much attention. Jimmy Butler and Paul George aren't playing with more talented rosters, yet not a peep about how much help they need compared to Russ. His team mates have absolutely no confidence in themselves and it's not surprising since every sports writer and commentator has been taking a dump on them all season.

I'm curious as to which players, if any choose to sign there if there's room. I also wonder what Oladipo does. He did not make the leap I, and many expected him to and that can't be a coincidence.

They were the sixth seed, and they got bounced by the third season. It happens just about every season but this seems to be the only one in which it was because the star player didn't have any 'help'.

19. photojoe

photojoe Member

Didn't even mention triple doubles.

Colin Cowherd doesn't know what he's talking about.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  20. Cranberry_Juice

Broussard's hair looks like a coke flavored sno cone.