1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CNNSI POLL: Which non-playoff team is most likely to make the postseason next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ron413, Jul 17, 2002.

1. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/

POLL @ Bottom Right Section of link:

(Click on the link and vote for the Rox because people have the Clippers ahead of us, what a shame!)

RESULTS:

Q: Which non-playoff team is most likely to make the postseason next year?
    Houston Rockets 18%
    L.A. Clippers 22%
    Miami Heat 17%
    Milwaukee Bucks 29%
    Phoenix Suns 3%
    Washington Wizards 13%
    Total: 5530 votes

#1 ron413, Jul 17, 2002
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2002
  2. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

I'll let you guys figure out what team I voted for.

3. Stylez

Stylez Member

The Bucks should have made the playoffs in thew weak East so that makes sense. But The Clips over the Rocks? We didn't make it last year b/c of injuries. We were 45-37 the year before so we have at least shown an ability to play at a playoff level. The Clips are just a .500 team but I guess their the sheek pick.

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the clipps are an odom-wilcox for miller trade away from being a 50 win team.

the odds are we both make it.

5. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

We're coming up.

Houston Rockets 19%
    L.A. Clippers 22%
    Miami Heat 16%
    Milwaukee Bucks 28%
    Phoenix Suns 3%
    Washington Wizards 13%

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yes, if the Clips get Baron Davis, they'll be in the playoffs. That would be the ONE max contract they'll pay, though. Sterling will just re-cycle draft picks. I don't know if he'll land Andre or Baron, he's too stingy.

7. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I still don't buy that if the Clippers get Davis or Miller they're a lock for the playoffs or a 50 win team. I reservations about that team, especially with their coach. But then again that's a close knit team. I agree with smoothie, I think the Rocks and Clips make it, and I think that two of these three teams miss the playoffs, Utah, Minnesota, Portland, or Seattle.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

What I don't understand is why there was anyone -- even a majority -- that didn't vote for the Bucks. Ray Allen, Sam Cassell, Robinson, Karl all in the Eastern Conference. They screwed up bad to miss it last season; how can they realistically miss it again?