1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clyde to play in Celebrity Game!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Feb 10, 2009.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Awesome!

Wilkins, Drexler, Owens among Celebrity Game notables
    By Official Release
    Posted Feb 10 2009 11:27AM

Basketball Hall of Famers Clyde Drexler and Dominique Wilkins join actor/comedian Chris Tucker, Desperate Housewives' James Denton, and Scrubs' Donald Faison along with other stars of Hollywood, music and sports in the McDonald's NBA All-Star Celebrity Game on Friday, Feb. 13, in association with 2K Sports, Cisco and T-Mobile USA. The game will be televised live on ESPN (7 p.m. ET) from Center Court at NBA All-Star Jam Session presented by adidas.

Basketball Hall of Famers Magic Johnson (ESPN analyst) and "Dr. J" Julius Erving, who combined for 23 NBA All-Star appearances and who each earned two All-Star Game MVPs, will serve as coaches for the star-studded teams. Other celebrities-turned-hoopsters competing include Dallas Cowboys All-Pro receiver and Terrell Owens (last year's Celebrity MVP), Chuck's Zach Levi, and Prison Break's Michael Rapaport.

To add pro hoops firepower, NBA legends Clyde Drexler and Dominique Wilkins, who combined for 19 NBA All-Star appearances, will compete with former Phoenix Suns All-Star Dan Majerle, three-time NBA champion Rick Fox, and WNBA stars Lisa Leslie of the L.A. Sparks and Kara Lawson of the Sacramento Monarchs, as well as Harlem Globetrotters "Wildkat" Edgerson, "Special K" Daley, "Scooter" Christensen and "Handles" Franklin.

ESPN NBA play-by-play announcer Mike Breen will serve as celebrity referee. ESPN's Mark Jones will call the game with analyst Jon Barry. Stuart Scott will report from the sidelines.

At halftime, the sellout crowd will be treated to a performance of the Harlem Globetrotters' trademark "Sweet Georgia Brown" Magic Circle including legendary showman, Curly Neal.

McDonald's USA, LLC McDonald's USA, LLC, is the leading foodservice provider in the United States serving a variety of wholesome foods made from quality ingredients to millions of customers every day. More than 80 percent of McDonald's 14,000 U.S. restaurants are independently owned and operated by local franchisees. For more information on McDonald's visit www.mcdonalds.com or log on at any of the 10,000 Wi-Fi enabled McDonald's U.S. restaurants.

ESPN ESPN, Inc. is the world's leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring a portfolio of over 50 multimedia sports assets. The company is comprised of six domestic television networks (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Classic, ESPNEWS, ESPN Deportes, ESPNU), ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNEWS and ESPNU HD simulcast services, ESPN Regional Television, ESPN International (45 networks, syndication, radio, web sites), ESPN Radio, ESPN.com, ESPN The Magazine, ESPN Enterprises, ESPN PPV, ESPN Zones (sports-themed restaurants), and other growing new businesses including ESPN360.com (Broadband), ESPN Mobile Properties, ESPN on Demand and ESPN Interactive. Based in Bristol, Ct., ESPN is 80 percent owned by ABC, Inc., which is an indirect subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company. The Hearst Corporation holds a 20 percent interest in ESPN.

NBA All-Star 2009 NBA All-Star 2009 in Phoenix will bring together some of the most talented and passionate players in the league's history for a global celebration of the game. Among the many events that will reach fans in 215 countries and territories in 44 languages are the T-Mobile Rookie Challenge & Youth Jam, Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, Foot Locker Three-Point Shootout, PlayStation Skills Challenge, Haier Shooting Stars, McDonald's NBA All-Star Celebrity Game, NBA All-Star Jam Session presented by adidas, and the 58th NBA All-Star Game, which will be played on Sunday, Feb. 15 at the US Airways Center and broadcast on TNT for a sixth consecutive year, marking Turner Sports' 24th season of All-Star coverage. This will be the third NBA All-Star in Phoenix. The city also hosted the event in 1975 and 1995.
    http://www.nba.com/2009/allstar2009/02/10/celebrity_roster.allstar09.20090210/index.html

2. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Even at his age, Clyde could mop the floor with Tracy.

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

Go Clyde.

4. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

I hope he doesn't get blocked by the rim.

5. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Portland fans should be proud.

6. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Clybe probably still dominates...

7. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Clyde is 1000000 percent Houston.

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Haha the celebrity game is hilarious. Chris Tucker was ballin' last game.

9. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

I'd be more entertaining seeing Bill Worrell try to play

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, he's a hometown guy and won a championship, but his career was best known as a Blazer.

2 NBA finals, he had hair and he could dunk !

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SvjJA93Xy9Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SvjJA93Xy9Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

11. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Worrell would own. It'd be like clubbin' baby...

oh nevermind.

12. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

Clyde kept in shape, I bet he can still do a 360. If Barkley is allowed to play I'd love to see Clyde serve him a facial

13. RedRowdy111

Duh I know he is from Houston, but since I actually watched him his whole career, he will always be a Blazer to me when it comes to the pros. I will never forget his U of H days though!

14. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

But you said Portland, Not Blazer....... Big difference......

Houston=Clyde

15. Landlord Landry

16. TheBigAristotle

Man, that's filthy stuff. I miss players that actually DID things for the Rockets.

17. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Again, Did I say he is 10000000 percent Rocket? No.....GeeWiz

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

my bad i always associate Rocket and Houston equally.
    it's the 99er in me.
    ;)

19. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Haha, I feel ya....

Imagine how many rings we could have if Clyde and Dream had teamed up just a bit(Like 7-8 years) earlier.....

20. RedRowdy111

Whats with you being in denial about drexler having 99% of his glory in Portland? We know the history. geez