1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clyde the Glyde Drexler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Hungarian Rocket, Jan 4, 2000.

1. The Hungarian Rocket

I haven't heard anything about him for a year. Is he still the head coach of University of Houston's team?

------------------
    Peter Komlosi, alias KP.
    Student of Computer Technology
    University of Veszprem, Hungary
    komlosip@almos.vein.hu

2. popeye

popeye Member

Yes and he has a great program there. Their W -L record is nothing to get crazy about, but they have had a good showing against the University of Conn recently, despite a losing cause.

Clyde is healthy, learning the iotherside of the ball and enjoying life. He is asked frequently about moving to the pros, but is very hesitant about giving false impressions. "I like it here, why chnage."

Personally, I feel he will eventually decide to try the pro stage,but that will be a while yet.

[​IMG]

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Yes, Clyde is still the head coach at UH.

BTW...Did anyone see the Horns' put a whippin on the Coogs Sunday night?

4. BornRocketRed

BornRocketRed Member

Sure did. Poor Coogs. But whatever happened to the star recruit who had eligibility problems? Will he be with them next year?

I must say, my days as a Rocket fan began with my days as a Phi Slamma Jamma fan. It's still hard to love one and not the other. Go Clyde!

5. Da Man

Da Man Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Antonio Falu is at San Jac right now with his Waltrip teammate Cedric Taylor, who was the second best player in the state in 98 after Rashard Lewis. Cedric Taylor has signed on with UH for next year. Antonio Falu is very much up in the air. He probably won't be eligible until fall of 2001 anyways.