1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchSads] "The way the Rockets play aren't appealing to other players"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by napalm06, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

WHO CARES

the rockets are a pick and roll, isolation team thats the personel they have

we are not built to run around screens 100 times a game like the warriors

#81 Stepback3GOOD, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    D-rock likes this.
  2. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

dont you see the league is conspiring with espn, tnt,. and other media outlets to try and force us to change our style of play. We had the warriors beat( and adam silverslipper) sent scott foster in for game 7 when we were winless with him reffing 0-7. If casuals didnt hate the rockets so much, that would still be brought up today as for why we didnt advance to the finals

bottomline, our style of play is fine( we have the 2nd best offensive rating in the NBA this year). And thats with most of our roster playing at career low levels, we need to find some replacements for luc and ariza

if we still have a draft pick in this upcoming draft, a player who might go late in the 2nd round is tyler bey.. currently mocked as undrafted or a super late 2nd rounder

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/tyler-bey

tyler would be a perfect replacement to pair with danuel house, and push pj tucker to the bench

3. biff17

biff17 Member

if you feel this why are you watching and posting?

Why submit yourself to this misery?

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Because I still enjoy the games? Who stops watching just because they don’t think their team will win a title? Why would this be misery?

5. smp

smp Member

If the goal was to improve the team in the off season, at the trade deadline, or from the buyout market I'd say we failed horribly. The addition of Shumpert is an upgrade over Knight but it's not an impact move to maximize Harden's window.

If the goal was to get under the cap then we succeeded.

I'm a fan of the team. I don't give a crap about the financial side of the business. I find that part of the sport extremely boring and leave that up to the people who care about how much money someone makes and how to keep costs down. I care about maximizing opportunities during Harden's prime. The Rockets are not doing that. They are failing. They have an extreme offensive talent and they are not putting the right pieces around him and prioritize luxury tax constraints. As a fan, that tells me that the Rockets are not all in. They are in if they can get high value players for cheap.

That's what you do with a Tmac, Yao, Pippen, Francis, Ariza, K-Mart type of cornerstone player. That's not what you do with a LeBron, Kobe, Jordan, Dream, Durant, or even Westbrook type of player. OKC realizes it and they are going all in. They will have to pay luxury tax. They aren't promised anything. The Rockets have the reigning MVP and are being cheap asses. As a fan it frustrates me. I don't give a crap that they stayed under the luxury tax. How is that supposed to excite me? How is that supposed to make me go buy merchandise or tickets?

I do acknowledge that it's not my money and poor people love to tell rich people how they should be spending their money. So I will concede that it's really none of my business other than to call out the Rockets when they say in a press conference that they are willing to go in to the luxury tax but don't. This is while Harden is balling out of his mind too. So they need to stop with the B.S. Quit talking about hunting players in the off season, trade deadline, and buyout markets. Come out and say we are going to be cheap asses and stay under the tax. I feel confident Morey could have pulled something off to improve this team. Luxury tax prevented it.

6. biff17

biff17 Member

What you fail to acknowledge is that they did try to do something did you forget about Butler?

Maybe just maybe they had no trade partners because of being asset poor and then they figured let's just get under the tax this year.

Why does what you feel could have happened make the most sense?

And even if what you say is true why does that mean we have no hope going forward?

I can see a realistic scenario where Boston, Golden State,Toronto and Philly all lose key pieces of their teams.

7. smp

smp Member

I always have hope moving forward. I just really expected an impact move this year. I definitely expected them to spend into the luxury tax based on the press conference at the beginning of the year.

I don’t know the details of trading for Butler. I know what I’ve heard but I don’t know if that’s true or false. I only know with 100 percent certainty that we didn’t get him or anyone else that was significant. Maybe if we offered tucker or EG we could have made something happen. Maybe we did? Who really knows all the conversations Morey had with other GMs. Who knows what Tillman shot down to save money? We will never know. As fans, we only know about the moves that actually happened. That’s why I don’t play the what if trade game. I only look at the end result.

8. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Markieff played starting PF and backup C for the Wizards this season. Houston doesn't really play double big lineups, if they wanted to do that they would just play Capela and Faried together sometimes. Markieff isn't a good enough 3pt shooter (or player) to play significant minutes at the 4 on an actual good team. Faried really isn't either, but sometimes we might do it out of necessity.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

People hated Hakeem's inside out game
    People hated Francis's Outside in Game
    People hated the Yao era
    People hate the Harden Era

No matter that the Rockets do
    People gonna hate it . .. esp the ESheepPN watching Clutchfans
    who just want to be liked by the rest of the league

Rocket River

CVcrew likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Sounds like Gary Clark.

11. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Alot of people didn't like that cp3 versus rondo fight.

Rockets limited in personnel but rockets got golden state coming up so it's not time to make excuses because if sorry Ashe Portland can beat golden state then anybody able to beat golden state!

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member