1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Why DeAndre Jordan to the Rockets Shouldn’t (and Probably Won’t) Happen

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BimaThug, Jan 20, 2018.

1. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Amazing as always. Talk some sense into them!

Also, first. :cool:

@don grahamleone falls in faint

#2 BigMaloe, Jan 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  3. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Since there are so many "ifs" in play, what if a package of CC + Ryno + a future 2nd is enough to entice the Clips, what if DJ declines his $24.1M option, and what if Bron declines his $35.6M option?

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

1. While no doubt CC would be enticing for a Clippers team on the cusp of losing DJ, getting Ryno for their system is basically saying we give up on Griffin's prime.

2. CP3 would have to take a paycut as well to fit all 3 players under the cap with Harden's contract. I can see 1 maybe 2 players taking pay cuts, but 3? Yeah.. don't see that happening.

5. BimaThug

Supporting Member

Rockets still won't have enough cap room to sign both LeBron and CP3 to market deals in your scenario, let alone Jordan. Meanwhile, they wouldn't have the salary to match in most big trades.

6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Like @BigMaloe said, you are amazing as always!

BigMaloe likes this.
  7. MourningWood

What if all three agree to sign below-market deals, something Bron has actually alluded to in the past?

8. Soneca

Soneca Member

I'm not a cap expert by any means, but with the cap holds on CP3, DJ and Ariza, three guys we'd have to resign using bird rights, we'd basically have the MLE to offer Lebron...

9. GageD

GageD Member

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

That's called a miracle. Typically people do not take miracles into consideration as they almost never happen.

11. mattlivin05

mattlivin05 Member

If Jordan, Lebron and CP3 do play for us the only way I see it happening is next offseason we trade for Lebron like we did for Cp3 using ryno Capella and probably 2 first round picks and maybe Gordon in some fashion(multiple teams)
    Then cp3 and Jordan take some kind of paycut and take 1 year deals
    Then after every season the 3 players(Lebron,Cp3, and Jordan) agree to take 1 year contracts every year and alternate pay
    Once every other year each player gets the max, then 2nd highest of the 3, and the least amount of the 3 and switch every season
    If rumors of Jordan taking a paycut to play here are true and the long ago rumor that Lebron and cp3 would take pay cuts to play with one another...
    I could see this scenario work

12. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

D-rock and bilaal14 like this.
  13. mattlivin05

mattlivin05 Member

What do you think BimaThug?

14. OTMax

OTMax Member

Tnx for this!

15. anchel

anchel Member

I would have liked to see this one developed...:p

16. MourningWood

I think this could be a special case because we're talking about Bron, one of the most powerful athletes on the face of the planet. He's as frustrated as ever and may look to shake things up in a big way. He and CP3 are not only tight like brothers, but also very savvy, influential businessmen and could orchestrate a power move for the ages in direct response to yet another GSW title. They'll make the money work for the sake of trying to further their legacies and for the opportunity to do something special together. This isn't about competing with GSW, it's about surpassing them, and it's going to take a move like this to do it.

17. valorita

valorita Member

More interested in what the buyout market could offer

18. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Tilman might say this summer, hell with it, i will pay whatever lux tax we have to pay. Just get the right players and i will pay them! I want a title!! ;)

Honestly, I don't believe CP3 and Lebron will want to get max this offseason. . Money isn't the issue.

19. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Ok.

But is it feasible to keep the current squad and get Lebron?

BamBam likes this.
  20. BimaThug

Supporting Member

This is closer to the scenario that I envision, although Capela would not be trade eligible this summer except in a sign-and-trade, so I don't see him being involved. Hence, the Rockets would keep Capela's $7 million cap hold on the books, make a move for LeBron, then re-sign Capela. Jordan likely wouldn't factor in to those plans.

Also, I don't think the stars will take turns taking future one-year deals. CP3 already left money on the table this season. LeBron would still be making max money opting in to the last year of his Cavs deal. Both would get paid big bucks from the Rockets (CP3 this summer, then LeBron in 2019).

Again, none of this is LIKELY to happen. But it is within the realm of probability to make it a path worth pursuing, IMO.