1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Vernon Maxwell speaks openly about... everything

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

It's too bad the Rockets didn't try a lineup with Mad Max at the 2 and Glyde at the 3.

2. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Chilly Pete!

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Clutch, just epic! Thanks!

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Where do you put Horry and Elie? That team was stacked and only really needed some front court help to replace thorpe and backup Dream. If we would have gotten Willis and kept Horry and Cassell, we would have been golden.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, the only weakness that team had was Kenny's defense and the lack of a big man besides Hakeem (although Horry was shifted to the 4 and his long arms and quickness gave opposing PF's fits).

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Clutch, there just aren't enough thanks I can offer for this. Just a wonderful segment of this icon, and it's a great story for his return.

Also, everybody, he looks *amazing*. Like you could suit him up tomorrow. #antiagingcream

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I would love that.

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

True Rockets fans everywhere...truly appreciate this excellent and very candid interview...This was so awesome. Thank you Vernon and welcome back to Houston!!!

9. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

We couldn't beat Seattle because Gary Payton punked Kenny Smith. Plus Shawn Kemp gave us fits in the post and Seattle had a bunch of 6'7" wing men that would play out of their minds. However, Dream was a monster against them with no help.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You forgot to mention that George Karl mastered the art of running an illegal defense without ever actually getting caught by the refs. It completely negated Hakeem's ability to pass out of double teams.

11. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Great interview.. I love when he said he wasn't scared to get MJ in a 7 game series.

12. hakeemthagreat

Yep. Seattle had our freakin number. Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp were bad match ups. But guys like Nate McMillan, Dale Ellis (guy always killed us) & Eddie Johnson never missed. Kenny looked like Lin out there

13. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

The way he abandoned the team left a bitter taste in my mouth until I saw this interview. Great to see him looking and feeling good.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Actually they did during the regular season. It didn't really help their record though. Max was huge in that first title run, but his absence in the second allowed guys like Elie, Horry, and Cassell more opportunities to step up. And did they ever.

15. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Don't forget Detlef Schrempf.

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

And Sam Perkins. I'll never forgive the Fakers for trading him to Seattle for Benoit Benjamin in 1993. The Rockets would've won that series(assuming the Sonics even beat the Jazz first) had they not had him.

17. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Awesome stuff Clutch, just great to see him opening up to us fans, but then again, honesty was always his forte.

Wasn't he in Houston for that charity game though during All-star weekend in Houston 2013? Doesn't matter, it seems like he really struggles with coming back, still. He's not a man of many words and you can see he's happy and it's weird for him too. The fact that he only got over it until 3 years ago should tell you why. That's a long time to hold a grudge or whatever you want to call it, but hey, at least he's open to reuniting with guys know and hopefully he can turn his life around and be at more Rockets related stuff. Max for colour commentary :grin: "I mean, I mean, Ya na mean?" :)

18. vator

vator Contributing Member

Words can't really express how great that video was so I won't even try. Thanks Clutch. Tonight is going to be amazing. Long live Clutch City aka Twoston and never underestimate the heart of a champion.

19. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Awesome work! Love Maxwell. The 86s in my moniker are a tribute to him. (Agent 86)

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

With Madd Maxx sitting on the bench . . .non of the Rocket Players would want to goto the Time out after *****ing around

Rocket River
    This man is the definition of INTENSITY!