1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Training Camp Footage - Day 4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 5, 2012.

1. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

36%
    36.2% Career-wise

Does anyone have synergy open 3% makes for Delfino? That good change he get alot more open 3 looks.

2. zilches

zilches Member

Lin seems to be an utterly underwhelming player in practice, which might be why he was passed up on so often. I am pleased, though, that he shows up game time.

3. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

What has Lin does that makes him so "underwhelming" in practice? You guys are insane.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Love the boards and energy by Asik. The more I see of the guy, the more impressed I am. What a great pickup by Morey!

5. luden

luden Member

I think it's called confirmation bias. At least that's what ArthurPrescott? said it was.

It's quite annoying and makes some old timers on here look like morons.

6. Arthurprescott2

Woah woah - dont put words in my mouth - that was not me. Confirmation bias is a nice theory and all, but in the ends its merely pop sociology. That's a phrase sidestep and iamarealballer like to throw around, not me.

7. roxxy

roxxy Member

Is Clutch going to put up more video's from scrimmage or is that it?

8. luden

luden Member

sorry, wasn't intentional.

9. King Boo

King Boo Member

He said he's going to post more raw footage later tonight. BTW, thanks Clutch!

I love all the unselfish ball movement, and I think Lin and Asik are going to be making some sweet music together in the PNR this season.

10. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

ditto. trying to contain my enthusiasm, but great pickup!

1 person likes this.
  11. luden

luden Member

He could be an epic failure come game time too. Then all your wishes will finally come true and you'll be able to say, He's utterly underwhelming in practice and in games, he sucks period.

12. mirus

mirus Member

From Greg smith twitter (wont embed - way to much work)

13. tofu--

tofu-- Member

JaJuan Johnson decided to show up for our camp? I thought he wanted no part of us.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

a job is a job is a job i guess

15. King Boo

King Boo Member

Comparison of Rockets 2012-2013 to Linsanity (Pre-Melo) team:

(-) Asik < Chandler (Both defensive beasts, Asik is less proven but younger and with less injuries)
    (+) Patterson > Jeffries (Both good defensively, Patterson a clear offensive edge)
    (+) Parsons > Fields (Both have good chemistry with Lin, Parsons better defender and shooter)
    (+) RocketLin > KnickLin (Obviously)
    (+) Better shooters: Parsons, Lamb, Delfino, Martin etc. > Novak, Walker (Rockets will be a MUCH better shooting team than the Knicks)
    (=) No superstar mentality, unselfish ball movement and hustle
    (+) More playmakers (Lin was basically the only reliable playmaker on the Linsanity team)
    (=) Creative, fast-paced offense with lots of PnRs, something that Lin has excelled in

I'm not saying Rockets will be better than the Knicks next year, but I think this team has a lot of advantages over the Linsanity team last season that went 8 and 1. Obviously rookies can be hit and miss, but all 5 Rockets starters have shown they can play in the league.

>INB4 Shut up LOF!
    >INB4 Linsanity stretch was against bad teams - Lakers (3rd seed), Mavericks (7th seed), Jazz (8th seed), Timberwolves w/ Rubio

16. pnr

pnr Member

A key thing here is D'Antoni coached that team. D'Antoni is renowned for giving his PGs complete freedom to run the offense on the court. He is also known for running his players into the ground, and that inevitably led to Lin's knee injury. I think this year McHale will have a more structured offense that won't be run entirely through Lin, and Lin hasn't been Linsanity without the ball in his hands for most possessions. We shall see if he can adjust.

17. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

The third clip of the Lin-Asik PnR was great to see. People underestimate how important a good pick can be in wearing down the defense. Having to always worry about getting picked by a 290lb giant is huge. I also like how Lin kept his guy on his hip while waiting for Asik to roll enough to get good spacing. Nice to see the Lin-Asik PnR can actually at work in practice. Thanks Clutch.

18. mirus

mirus Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>D-Mo didn't practice tonight, but fully expects to be cleared to practice tomorrow.</p>&mdash; Jason Friedman (@RocketsJCF) <a href="https://twitter.com/RocketsJCF/status/254386761038458881" data-datetime="2012-10-06T01:05:04+00:00">October 6, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

nothing wrong with saying the Rockets will be better than the Knicks. the Knicks look good on paper but that's about it. they can hang out together and hold hands all they want but they won't gain any chemistry on the court. their pieces just don't fit. too old. no defense. etc. the only thing they will contend for is that 8th playoff spot and they won't get it.

20. King Boo

King Boo Member

Lin's usage rate was 27.4 last season, while Lowry and Dragic were both around 22. Higher, but not that far off considering McHale played Lowry and Dragic together a lot.