1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Training Camp Footage - Day 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 3, 2012.

1. trowa

trowa Member

i like what i'm seeing jones. would be nice if mchale can teach him some post mores

2. Karolik

Karolik Member

Good Gosh Jeremy Lin looks TERRIBLE. I hope its because of the sample size or cuz he's still recovering from that knee because we not paying him 8 mil per to look like that.

3. roxxy

roxxy Member

Lin missed a game winner damn he isn't clutch anymore.

4. RockSC

RockSC Member

I think you may have misread my post while trying to defend Lin.

I said Lin had 3 TOs in both days' work outs. It was clear that those games were not at NBA level neither played at NBA lengths.

If you wanna argue that Lin is above average PG, I have no problem with it. I actually agree with you. BUT, he did turn over quite often compare to his teammates in the scrimmage.

And I never said things won't get better.

Please dont jump on anyone that pointed out Lin's mistakes in the games... Most of the criticism meant no harm.

Overreacting to criticism is DEFINITELY something Rockets fan need now. /sarcasm

5. King Boo

King Boo Member

Er....that awkward moment where I neither read or responded to your post...

I was responding to apollo33 and how he implied that 3 turnovers per game is horrible unless you shoot and pass like Steve Nash. Just providing some perspective with my post, as I think Lin's turnovers are a hugely overblown media narrative. (BTW, Lin's usage rate last year was even higher than many of the players on that list, including Steve Nash)

On another note, did Lin really have 3 turnovers in yesterdays footage? Unless I missed a video, I counted 3 assists, 0 turnovers and 1 pass that should've been a turnover but got saved by Chandler. (I admit I'm a Lin homer that singled him out in all the footage I watched and tracked only his stats. So sue me :))

6. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

1 - lin isnt playing in his position - because they are testing all others 5 PG before the cut
    2 - he doesnt want to get injured
    3 - he is not famous by this practices or workouts.
    4 - its the 2nd practice day
    5 - he is returning from a surgery on april.
    6 - until the first day season start he still a sophomore rookie.
    1000 - dont replay : because i never read replies for me :grin:

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

LOL God stop embarrassing yourself and read the thread, everyone was talking about him making 3 turnovers in the footages.

Sao Paolo was the one bringing up Steve Nash making 3 TO`s a game to defend Lin for no reason.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This team is really blurry. Morey needs to get the team some less blurry players.

9. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

I didn't see 3 TO's yesterday either, unless I'm missing something?

10. RockSC

RockSC Member

Lin played SG in college.

Lin is known for working hard in practices.

Lin said he's 100%, and good to go.

Lin is definitely NOT a rookie.

Don't post again, because I dont read your post. /Sarcasm

Lin should attack the basket more. Both times he did, his team scored. (one off Asik's tip, another 3pt old fashion style). It's his best ability. If he tries to set up players and throw fancy passes, he'll lose his job to Machado. Just my 2 cents.

11. King Boo

King Boo Member

He had 3 assists and Zero TOs yesterday by my count. I only watched today's videos once, but I only remember 2 TO and Clutch said there was a third.

Made the mistake of responding to apollo33, won't do so again. All ad hominem attacks and general douchiness in every post I've seen of his.

12. luden

luden Member

He didn't have 3 turnovers yesterday though. RockSC said he had 3 turnovers yesterday and today. From watching the videos, that's false.

The reason why people speak up in defense of Lin is because of lies like this.

13. King Boo

King Boo Member

You're really going to make these kinds of pronouncements after watching shaky video from the last few minutes of 2 practices?

I agree that attacking the basket is Lin's best ability, but maybe during PRACTICE the coach wants him to work on other skills, like off-ball and passing.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

You're kidding right? Lin is here because NY didn't match. He even said it himself. Dragic would be here, if the Suns didn't offer the option. Both went for what was best for themselves and their family.

#114 RV6, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Did Morey hire a member of LMFAO and made him put his hair in a ponytail?

16. King Boo

King Boo Member

+1. I think its funny that we treat players like Pokemon cards in this league, but expect them to be "loyal" to their team even when it's against their own interests. Can't hate on anyone who gets as much as they can as early as they can. NBA careers tend to be short and anything can happen.

17. RockSC

RockSC Member

Okay, you're right sir, I am wrong. I just called coach McHale, and he said he was indeed letting Lin working on off-ball and passing. Hence playing him at 2 instead of 1. I apologize for my ignorance. /sarcasm.:cool:

18. mgpwr

mgpwr Member

Wha??? Yes, he's quick and great at attacking the basket. Although his passes aren't fancy like Rubio's (and they don't need to be), he can definitely dish it.

19. jocar

jocar Member

Thanks for the videos. Keep em coming plz! :)

When you look at how young and raw these
    'Assets are, As-Is...the Reality Check'..
    [​IMG]
    :eek:
    is sobering when their competition is..

[​IMG]

20. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Thanks for clarifying I though I was missing something, although I now remember someone even criticizing him for that almost TO from yesterday.