1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The trade that got away: Tyson Chandler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 12, 2011.

1. blackistan

blackistan Member

He would've been perfect for our team :(

2. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Is Chandler good now because he is healthy, or because he has Jason Kidd a perfect compliment to how he plays (much like CP3 was)?

Chandler had his best years w/ the right PG, I'm not saying Lowry couldn't be that guy, I'm just saying he may not be.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

There's @$3m short of a deal...no? :confused:

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nice article, and tough to revisit, that trade would have made a 15 game difference in this season.

However, let's not fret Clutchfans, Chandler is an UNRESTRICTED free agent this offseason.

In a rare occurance, there are a plethora of good centers that are free agents this offseason.

Hmmmm...could be a DD's Rocket talk subject...

;)

DD

5. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I hate Mark Cuban with a passion.

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Doesn't matter, he's not needed for his offense.

7. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

1 person likes this.
  8. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Chandler is a great player, but he isn't a star player or all-star.

The Artest, all-star and 4 x all-defense selections, trade was bigger than the Tyson Chandler trade.

The Scola for Spanoulis was a pretty similiar as the Chandler deal and a steal, and so was Martin for Landry/Hughes.

9. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

He is enough to get the Rockets to the playoffs, since they are only a few games out of the 8th spot.

He is not a superstar that can put the Rockets on his back and make them a contender like Duncan or Garnett. Rockets would still be 1st round fodder.

10. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Will people stop with this stupid "We should have drafted Stat" thing? I mean, it's not like everyone was arguing "Should we pick Yao or Stat" before the draft. Stoudemire before the draft was probably even more of a risk than Yao. He was your athletic big man, that that time worked out, but could have just as well been another Swift or Curry.

Honestly, you might as well argue the Rockets should have taken Boozer instead of Yao, or possibly even Scola. It's that silly.

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

We should have taken Stat instead of Yao.

1 person likes this.
  12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Don't know about that. They've been a top 5 offense for much of the year. If Chandler could get them into the top 15 or so in defense, that's a strong team.

13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Hmm. You got that from my post? This team needs changes no doubt, it's not from a lack of trying by Morey.

Last year after the deadline, most people spoke of Morey as if he were some Demigod, Of course he's not. What Morey has shown us is, he can build a solid team with talent from one to fifteen, all while being totally hamstrung by his two biggest stars going down with injury and taking up significant cap space.

Now, the Rockets sorely lack star level talent, Morey has put the team in position to acquire such talent. It hasn't happened, frustrated yes, but I'm not going to bash Morey like the guy I responded to because he's not to fully blame.

If you want to bash the orginization, that's fair, just have some ammo and do it intelligently. You don't need to sound like a 9 year old while doing it.

Morey warrior? Nah, he's got some things to prove, but I still believe he's more than capable of being a championship caliber GM.

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

I agree.

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

16. thejav

thejav Member

These type of threads accomplish one thing and one thing only.. that my friends is called.depression...Let's stop living in the past and look forward to the trade deadline and our teams future...woulda coulda shoulda people...

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I agree. We should have known the future.

18. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

We also should have taken Jordan over Dream.

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

lol I was gonna post that. :grin:

20. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Liked how Clutch segued from topic to topic and not concentrating too much on the trade that got away, even though that was the question we at clutchfans really want to know. Nice work as always Clutch.