1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Manimal at the four could be a boost to Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I dont know, Tucker at 4 without someone as long and physical as Ariza seems like the problem. They have to have a taller forward in tandem.

2. cebu

cebu Member

This will only work if James would not hog the ball.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

But... But some really smart dudes who slept at a Holiday Inn Express told me vehemently that Faried and Capela could not coexist on the same floor together. Something about clogging paint and too similar of play styles. WHOOOOOOPS!

RyanB, BigShasta, Philter_09 and 4 others like this.
  4. amaru

amaru Member

Ban worthy post

D-rock, fckbandwagons and biff17 like this.
  5. thedude077

thedude077 Member

His streak is what is turning him into a ball hogg.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If Faried can actually hit that corner three, he absolutely should start at the 4. Sure, the Rockets lose something at the defensive end, but they gain in terms of rebounding which somewhat offsets that. You can play the best defense in the world and it don't mean d-ck if you can't grab a damn rebound. Also, it takes pressure off of PJ Tucker which will make him more effective in the long run.

I just hope whether he starts or not, D'Antoni uses more Capela-Faried lineups because the smallball routine is killing this team. They're getting dominated on the boards which is a killer when you're already a mediocre defensive ballclub.

7. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

His dick can shoot 3

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It's all good, @Philter_09 ... I just wasn't sure if it was serious or not.

Starting Faried may be a good option, but I just wanted to write about the option the Rockets now have at any point in the game. They have more versatility now.

It remains to be seen though if Faried has good range... if he can shoot at a decent clip. I remember when the Rockets got Corey Brewer, we all questioned his fit because he couldn't shoot from the outside and he came out in a Rockets uniform knocking down threes all over the place.

Then came the regression to the mean.

But Faried isn't hesitating on taking the open three, so that's a positive. Eventually, guys are going to have to cover him.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This is probably how Harden feels when, all the hard work he does EACH AND EVERY DAY to perfect his craft with his footwork, gets completely tossed aside with assertions (not just from media but his PEERS too!) that he travels and foul baits and is basically called a cheater.

It is outrageous, tbh.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Excellent article, @Clutch. Faried at PF might not always work, but it is nice to have more positional versatility with Faried. If the team wanted Markieff Morris for a stretch 5 role/backup PF...well they look to have that "in house" with Faried.

Perhaps Faried in this role can be like what Jerami Grant is for the Thunder. Just a really athletic long player that can get after it, rebound, block shots and hit a 3 every once in a while.

Another great aspect with Faried is his energy and passion. That's stuff that can rub off on other players in nights where the team might be stuck in mud.

I hope that Rockets continue to experiment. And getting House back is also important to round out the rotation and roster options.

D-rock and Clutch like this.
  11. Garner

Garner Member

If we start Faried at the 4, I'd like to see Tucker come off the bench and give Shumpert the start at the 3.

His minutes can remain where they are, but staggered a bit differently throughout the game. Tucker checking in with Gordon off the bench would be wild.

D-rock and vupac1 like this.
  12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Something I forgot to mention in my earlier post.

I was lucky to catch this game while in Mexico City. My wife and I were wiped out, and coming home the next day. Turned on the TV and found the game on ESPN.

It was funny when Faried was taking the three pointers. Each time he'd load up at the three point line, the announcers were shouting, "No no no no," and then exclaiming and laughing when he hit the shots, remarking on how that isn't Faried's game, who knew he could.....?, and such. Made it more fun.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  13. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

Those teams can beat us because we suck defensively this year, but can they win it all playing like this? I think they can't. I don't think anyone can win it all nowadays without some sort of spacing in the frontcourt. I may be wrong, but I don't see this lineup as a solution long term unless Faried can be hit some open threes. Maybe for spurts, but who knows. I've lost count of how many times I've been wrong in my life. Let's hope I'm wrong again!
    =)

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Kenneth Faried makes professional basketball players look lazy

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Playing HARD is a skill.

DD

fckbandwagons, Roc Paint and hakeem94 like this.
  16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Who you telling?

17. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

I think we need move tucker to 3, because there are many top small forward in the west such as PG13, Laliard, Durrant and Leborn. I don't think shampert can guard them. Mammal can grab rebounds which can help us a lot. He should put in starter position

18. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Faried sits us a lot. Morey gets it done

19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Tilman in shambles, afraid of how much Faried will demand in the off-season.

Hakeemtheking and Nelly like this.
  20. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

it also helps make sure that capela doesn't reach that rebounding rate bonus and put us in the luxury tax.

#100 hashmander, Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    Philter_09 likes this.