1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Some videos of Yao's workout (UPDATED: Includes EVERY Yao play)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 24, 2010.

1. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I smiled for seven minutes straight. YAO MING.

And holy ****, if Chuck Hayes starts playing like that in games it will be beyond awesome.

2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Which radio report? The one I heard on 610 said he looks good but winded, sounded confident, and even went as far as to say that he feels he can be better than before.

3. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I was surprised when Yao jumped.

4. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Yao looks good.
    Seems like fatigue is a problem....but when you don't do much moving for so long, what do you expect. He should easily be able to get back into game shape.
    As for Chuck, looked good, but we all know he will never do this stuff in the game............unfortunately.

5. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

His moves looked crisp. Very encouraging, and honestly, kind of expected... He's still Yao Ming. He doesn't look ready to run up and down the court all night, but he can still play that post.

6. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Wow! Nice to see the Great Wall moving & shooting well! He just need to get his stamina up to par! :cool:

7. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Right now....it's a matter of getting back to shape and conditioning for Yao...that involves with more playing and practicing and I think he's ready to go.

8. Rocketman2002

Rocketman2002 Member

Thanks for posting the video Clutch.

Good to see Yao finally back on the court. I'm excited for this season, can't for it to start.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Anyone else glad to see chuck back the 4 full time this season? I think we've become used to seeing him as a replacement center that barely held his own and we forget he's really a PF who can be exceptional at that spot. He looks like he was able to shed some extra weight. i felt as if last year he rushed to pack on pounds to prepare for the center spot, and a lot of it was more fat than anything. This year he looks like he had time to train, lose the excess flab and pack on significant muscle. Even dorsey would be impressed.

10. platy

platy Member

sweet. one step at a time. next one, get melo.

11. ArtisGilmore

ArtisGilmore Member

Practicing fronting in a 1 on 1 drill is not productive because the passer will just lob it over the top and there is no backside help at all, so it's free layups for the post player. Fronting is something that needs to be worked on in 5 on 5 drills.

12. albuster

albuster Member

Thanks for the vid Clutch. Yao is such a breath of fresh air this coming season. Last year it was almost agonizing to watch the Rockets, so much promise and heart but they just lacked the size that Yao can provide.

Yao looked very good considering the long layoff. I wish he would finally correct his habit of bringing the ball down before he makes his move.

The wait for the season to start is just a killer!!!

13. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Good!

Now please limit his minutes.

We're going to need him in the playoffs.

Don't play him more then 7 minutes a quarter!

14. DontTradeOswalt

Best Center in the league, not being a homer, just stating a fact

I hope he averages no more than 25 mpg thought

15. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

excellent quality video- great job.

that is not a "jump" shot chuck is taking, but it's great to see him hit them. TBH, looks like the hitch he had in his FT shot has transferred to his "jump" shot. the former looks much better.

nice to see Yao with the solid left hand.

that's what Swoly said

16. mi0304

mi0304 Member

Big Fella♡

17. Zfan

Zfan Member

Nice video. Yao's a bit rusty but he's coming back. Chuck can hit FTs with better mechanics thats surprising.

18. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

His two legs still not look the same to me... So still a long way from fully recovered.

19. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

Yao should have let Chuck win more so he could work on his free throws.

20. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Clutch's post said Yao lost a couple of games to Chuck, before winning 1. We all know how effective Chuck was for us as starting C. If Yao is worse than Chuck at the start of the season, it's not going to be a good season.