1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Sean Mitchell: Yes, Houston -- it's OK to be happy for Dallas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 15, 2011.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

pull_up_3

In any case, I love all the Dallas hate in this BBS. All that Dallas love in the Dish made me lose hope. But you guys brought it back.

Rep for everyone in this thread that said bad things about Dallas.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I respect Sean,but I totally disagree with him.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

So, this dude doesn't post here?

Why should I listen to him? :p

4. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I am glad that someone beat the Miami Heat. I am happy that the Miami Heat did not win a championship after acquiring Lebron James and Chris Bosh. I am glad that, after all the hullabaloo and hype, the Miami Heat as they are currently configured do not have a championship ring.

I couldn't give a **** less about the Dallas Mavericks.

5. Chris Jent MVP

dallas is nasty smelly diarhea spewing ******* of texas.

but they are still texas, which makes them superior to non-texas teams.

and they play in the southwest division, which has consistently been the best division in the nba for many years. as it should be.

6. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

I was almost embarrassed to find myself cheering for Dallas in the finals. But I think many of us were in the same position. The Miami arrogance was just too much to take. But I was not really cheering for Dallas, to win. I was cheering for Miami to lose.

Had the finals been Chicago-Dallas, I would have definitely cheered for Chicago.

7. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

P.S. Houston is the biggest city in Texas. Dallas is the biggest city in Oklahoma.

8. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

Does Sean live in Texas or encounter Mavericks fans on a regular basis? I think a lot of the rivalry is based on the encounters Rockets fans have with Mavericks fans, which have never been pleasant in my experience.

Why I hate Dallas more than anything and will never be"Happy" for Dallas:

Mainly- as a Red Rowdy, you are targeted for trash talking from all opposing teams' obnoxious fans. Dallas just so happens to have a lot of those. Throw in the fact they consistently seem to kill us in the regular season, including sweeping us 4-0 this season, and beating us with a tip in with .4 seconds left in the pre-season game in Dallas, which I actually traveled to and wrote about my horrible experience briefly here http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=5649900&postcount=29 It makes Dallas fans more irritating than the bandwagon lakers, celtics, bulls, and heat fans. For years we've been able to reply or chant back "where's your rings?". On of my favorite signs I've seen at Rockets/Mavericks games has been "Rockets= 2 Rings. Spurs= 4 Rings. Mavericks=0."
    With this championship, we have lost our only rebuttal to their beat-downs of the Rockets in the regular season and their making of the post season while we are a lottery team. What is our argument now? We have twice as many rings as you do? We have 1 more? Yeah, not as cool.
    I am not looking forward to seeing people walking around in Dallas Championship gear.

I hate team-stacking and LeBron, but I rarely encounter a Heat fan, and does anyone ever take a Heat fan seriously anymore now that everyone groups them all into bandwagon fans?? Dallas fans I encounter on a regular basis. It's an IN STATE RIVALRY, that doesn't disappear when Dallas is matched up against another state.

I hate the Dallas team so much that I don't like to watch a game of theirs unless I know for sure they are going to lose. The Jasons drive me crazy and I'm constantly yelling at my TV calling everyone on the Mavs "Punks" throughout the game. Most of the players could be a bit more tolerable had they been on another team, but as long as they are in a Mavs uniform I. hate. them. Barea is a little munchkin that I hate not only because he is a Mav but because he always plays so darn well against the Rockets. I'm going to stop now before my blood really starts boiling.

9. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

[​IMG]

10. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

I hate them because we got jobbed by Donaghy when we played them in the playoffs after being up big in the series. We could have surprised people in the playoffs that year. I do like they took out the Heat and that's my only consolation.

11. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

mark cuban is a moron. if i was a billionaire, i'd have a championship in much less time.

a broken clock is still right twice a day.

hey mark, heres my advice: sell the mavericks and get a haircut.

12. Pimphand24

Pimphand24 Member

This article was crap, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was written in Dallas.

13. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

nice read.

purely from a basketball perspective, Mavs 2011 OK. don't be a SA!

Houston fans hate Dallas fer the bastardized rugby thingy. :p

14. hahachui

hahachui Member

in fact i am happy to see Dallas owned LBJ

15. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

who the heck is this guy? and why should i listen to him?

Dirk is a great player, but I hate that the rest of them have a ring now. screw the mavs

16. ThatWriterGuy

ThatWriterGuy Contributing Member

Yes, I am real.

Y'all don't get me wrong, I was rooting hard against the Mavs and was disappointed they won, in part because we'd lose bragging rights over them but the fact is they won and what's done is done. It's easy to belittle someone else's accomplishments but the fact is they won and for the first time ever.

Heck, all of Texas, including the Metroplex to a good extent, was behind the Astros when they finally got over the NLCS jinx and into the WS.

With that in mind, remember how it felt when the Rockets won it all '94? While the fan in me wanted to pander to the crowd, I feel I took the higher road and tipped my cap to the Mavs and Dallas.

#76 ThatWriterGuy, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  17. ThatWriterGuy

I was born in California but moved down here just in time to see both of the back-to-back titles as some of my earliest sports memories (I was 8 and 9 during the playoff runs).

18. today

today Contributing Member

Sean,
    Can you at least remove that image from the top of the blog post? Nobody wants to see them celebrating. I have purposely avoided ESPN and other media outlets just so I wouldn't have to see that. I thought I was safe here.

1 person likes this.
  19. ThatWriterGuy

Take that up with Clutchfans, I'm just a staff writer.

20. today

today Contributing Member

Clutch: