1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets Luis Scola Tribute Video

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

That was actually sad to watch. :(

I'll never forget that beating he put on the Lakers in the playoffs.

2. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aBEWnlpNwqw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Me either. That was such an awesome game.

3. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

What a guy...

4. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

I was there that game. Good memories

5. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Luis Scola is awesome! He's what a professional athlete should be

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Dang it. I missed noche Latina. Best nights ever.

7. pickymen

pickymen Contributing Member

Really miss him on our team.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Those Scola, Hayes, Battier teams had heart and smarts. I am convinced with a healthy Yao we would be talking about a great playoff run in 2009 and 2010.

9. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

If we win game 7 against the Lakers, we'd have played Denver in the Western Conference Finals.

We had a shot.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

some of the better low post moves in the league. and he had a great mid-range game. most of all, he had a workman's mentality and a ton of heart. Looks like a different player in Phoenix.

11. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Scola always a rocket no matter where he plays. 14pts all in the 4th. Big game. Houston keeps the 7th spot for now.

12. illteacher

illteacher Member

He loves playing against the Lakers! So sad he has had to endure some terrible coaching in PHX (Hunter is a joke) and a few of the lowest basketball IQ's playing on his side (Beasley and Wesley Johnson just to name 2 of them) . Right now, he's playing about 13 mins a night coming from the bench while Haddadi (who?) is playing 15 or more (not to mention "the young promise" Markieff Morris). Still he has more than 12 points per game and more than 6 rebounds. Definitely deserves to go to a contender. He's been a winner all his career (Spain and Argentina) but unfortunately never got a chance with a solid team (Yao and T-Mac were injured most of the time when the team was there).

13. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Man, of all the the games I've watched since the early 90's, there's not many players that I can say that they brought IT every damn game, gave 110% every single night. This dude did, he will ALWAYS be a Rocket in my mind. He's one of those players that I hope is brought back to finish his career here. I wish other players had his work ethic and passion for the game. I miss Luis.

14. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

yeah he was awesome for PHX in the 4th. Got really nostalgic watching him play. Too bad he is stuck in phoenix. The guy only deserves the best.

15. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Houston could really use Luis midrange and post up game right about now. Playing next with Omer would've made him look great covering his weaknesses on D and crashing the boards.

16. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

1 person likes this.