1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets Luis Scola Tribute Video

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 13, 2013.

1. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

We had nothing to do with where he wound up. PHX claimed him off waivers.

2. Mariachi ROCKET

Should the Rockets retire #4??? LOL

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

4. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

I meant they put him in the position where he could even be picked up by Phoenix.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Man that video was tough to watch. I feel bad for Scola. Wish he could have gone to a better team,

6. dragonz

dragonz Member

the Scolandry 2 headed monster.

7. Franchize

Franchize Member

After watching all the the Landry, Hayes, and Scola tribute videos, does anybody know where I can watch the clip of them playing pictionary?

8. cuddie

cuddie Member

It's been three years to the day.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/daXvNty0N78?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:(

9. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Scola is just pure heart!

10. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Morey gave him a brand new Dynex instead.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Rockets lead the league in post-asset monetization tribute vids

It's not a gold watch, but it's something

#attractivetofreeagents

edit:also, obligatory video review:

[​IMG]

#51 SamFisher, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  12. Velcromium

Velcromium Member

Sorry dude, there is a difference between long hair and a "mullet". When your haircut is business short in the front and party long in the back, that's a mullet. When you have long hair all around, well that is known as a panty dropper. Now add athlete/musician to that and you got panty dropper +1.

13. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

damn. I miss Scola. The hard working era of the rockets didnt do to well, but the sheer passion with which they played will never be forgotten. Scola was the highlight of that culture

14. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>It was very special to be back in Houston. I cant say enough, thanks to all the fans and to the front office for the video. Great memories!</p>&mdash; Luis Scola (@LScola4) <a href="https://twitter.com/LScola4/status/312258956598865921">March 14, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. SeabrookMiglla

scola is tight. when i would check other boards, teams were always hating on him. he was such a pest to other teams night in and night out

16. Asian Sensation

We actually did Scola a favor by amnestying him. It's unfortunate he didn't get picked up by a contender but at the same time he got paid and we were in a similar situation compared to Phoenix if not worse.

You win some and you lose some. Before we amnestied Scola we were already in rebuild mode by not re-signing Lee and trading Lowry. Amnestying Scola solidified the new direction. Prior to us getting Harden I was projecting around 25-30 wins. Even with the addition of Harden I thought we'd play about .500 ball and be on the outside looking in for the playoffs per usual. I don't think anybody even Morey could've predicted Harden would be this good.

Ultimately, we made the right move by getting younger and freeing up time to develop D-Mo but more importantly we were able to showcase Pat and Morris before that. If we went into the season with Scola playing the lions share of minutes at the 4 with Pat we'd be stuck with Morris (who would've gotten like 5 mpg and we'd continue to hear about what a bust he is and how the pick was a waste) and D-Mo would be rotating from the end of the bench to the Vipers.

We knew Scola, Pat and Morris weren't the long term solution at the 4 spot. With D-Mo and Robinson we might have that now. Scola sure sounds nice come playoff time but Morey did the right thing.

17. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

You're a trash poster.

18. haydenfisher342

@ Asian sensation.... i don't know man keeping scola i think we would have gotten a 2nd round pick door morris asks Paterson four Robinson

19. awc713

awc713 Member

really miss luis. he'd be perfect for this team. i know he cant hit the three's, but he always loved to run, and his mid range pick and pop would've been perfect.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice video and makes me miss that 2008-2009 team. They really seemed to like each other and showed it on court.