1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets face critical offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 5, 2014.

Tags:
  1. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

He's at best the 4th/5th option on this team. By design, not by talent. I do believe it is more likely he stays than leaves because of the balloon payment. Although, if he is traded, then I do expect something good in return (assuming he is part of a package with Asik and, sorry people, Parsons).

Sidenote: personally, I think another barrier to him being traded is his ethnicity. Not really in a bad way (?) per se, it's just...unique. I think only teams with a large enough Asian demographic would trade for him. This is because of a combination of 1) draw for the Asian fans and 2) his balloon payment. Actually this is probably more bad for the Rockets because of limited trade partners.

2. Jt29

Jt29 Member

Clutch, r u suggesting that keeping mchale is a decoy to steal kevin love from minnesota?

3. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Agree 100%. Nice article.

4. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

Couldn't agree more with every point in this article, especially the mishaps on the little things throughout the series that cost us 3 games. Many of them were inexcusable and directly correlate to incompetence in certain areas on the team. Cannot happen in the playoffs.

Absolutely on point with James Harden as well. He is a brilliant offensive talent but lacks the will to defend. On the bright side, he's only 24 and about 3 years away from entering his prime. Still has room for improvement and has the time to make those improvements.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Mostly agree.

I think "would be shocked if either player is still with the team by training camp in September" is going too far.

Im sure Morey will line up salary dumps, but if no big names are out there and willing to sign , they will be back IMO.

6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I guess someone that works for Inside the NBA read your report, because they basically went over it verbatim. As far as the targeted free agents go. Well, they also included LeBron.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

Fixed for you.

Nobody actually want Lin. But then, no one wanted Biedrins or Jefferson last year either. Didn't prevent Golden State from unloading them.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

I agree in regards to Lin. Asik, I think the Rockets will make a concerted effort to trade regardless of situation. But there is certainly no point in trading Lin just for the sake of it. He comes off the books next year anyway.

9. cindylang95

cindylang95 Member

10. luhbron

luhbron Member

Are we willing to give up picks to lose Lin? I know we value them highly but we dont play them for 1-2 years and NYK with no cap and no assets has to like them in a deal for Melo (or let him walk for nothing to CHI). Also, wouldn't PHI take on Lin if we add a pick? They have tons of cap and did a similar deal with us for Furkan in order to take Royce. Maybe BOS or UTA (do we dare?) would like that too?

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

How many critical offseasons have they faced under Morey?

12. arjun

arjun Member

The perfect team for Jeremy Lin...Charlotte.

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

Trading draft picks to get rid of Lin is only as a method to create capspace for Melo or another player commanding big money, like Bosh or Lowry. If the Rockets don't need cap space because those FAs don't want to come here, then you are right. No reason why the Rockets will get rid of him just to get rid of him.

14. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

so kemba for lin??

15. cindylang95

cindylang95 Member

here is lowry answer: http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/zz...rts/KL7512.jpg :grin:

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great article clutch. Can't wait for September

17. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Chandler Parsons
    Omer Asik
    Jeremy Lin
    Donatas Motiejunas
    Future 1st rd pick

For

Kevin Love
    Jj Barea
    Gorgui Dieng

Does this work on the trade machine?

18. meh

meh Contributing Member

The image isn't loading. But if Lowry tells the Rockets to shove it, I would applaud Lowry. I absolutely hate the idea of signing Lowry to a long term deal for the team.

19. Swishh

Swishh Member

Good article, and agree with it all, aside from saying that Harden is the best player on the team. I think this playoff series proved that that title goes to Mr. Dwight Howard.

20. ish1973

ish1973 Member

James Harden isn't that good in leading a championship team. Even after gaining experiences from valuable lessons. So is Howard. We are talking about Dirk, LBJ, Tim Duncan, Kobe, Shaq, Hakeem, totally not at the same level!