1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets escape terrible officiating late

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

1 person likes this.
  2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This always seems to happen we play Dallas...

3. pocketrocket81

Even tho the mavericks are a Texas team I have grown to dislike them more then Utah.In no other circumstances have I seen a team take on the characteristics of its owner more then the mavericks.

4. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

the no-call on brooks drive late is reason enough to stop watching nba games.

how is it that the league can behave this way with no accountability?

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That is the biggest issue for this team
    Since they work hard and play hard
    they have to OVERCOME 'star' calls
    which is why so many teams NEED A SUPERSTAR to win

So the 'star' calls can be balanced out
    :mad:

Rocket River

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Guess that's why Morey tweeted that he would be busy sending tape to the league after the game. I think Brooks had a similar thing happen to him in another game (when Ariza yelled at him). I think Morey's probably wants to make the point "Look, I know Brooks is small and fast, but you gotta notice him getting hacked."

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Does anybody else think this was possibly some sort of "make up" to get rid of Cuban's stupid protest from the last game?

8. Zfan

Zfan Member

I think Mavericks and Lakers are getting most advantage from officiating. This video is one of the evidences.

9. Curly

Curly Member

...when will the Mavs submit their protest for this game?

10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

that thought did cross my mind

11. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Yup, arguing with the refs and protesting with the league isn't about what just happened, it's about what will happen later.

12. ericmark

ericmark Member

NBA, where gambles happen. :mad:

13. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

I thought so, but how in God's name could you rig the game so apparently when it's in the closing seconds, should of done that in the previous three quarters.

IIRC, Dirk picked up 2 quick fouls in the first quarter, which might as well got called the other way, then Mark Cuban would be completely pleased. :rolleyes:

14. mi0304

mi0304 Member

I just wonder what could we've heard if there were Bullard instead of Clyde.

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

wow, that was some terrible officiating for both sides.

Terry was hammered on the head, and that Brooks foul was ridiculous. What's up with Terrible officiating when we play the Mavs?!

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

that non-call on the push by dirk was terrible i mean shane is usually the most composed on the court and for him to get a T

brooks non-call i mean i dont get it its so obvious right there the guy is driving straight then falls to the side? he isnt going to change his momentum on his own someone else would have to.

the terry foul was bad too he should have been to the line but I lol'ed at him lying on the floor.

17. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

From my recollection, Aaron has never gotten a call when he drives in for a last second play and gets hammered. Maybe one day that will change and I'm glad Clutch wrote the article so that other national media types and the Rockets can see it, but right now I'm not expecting Aaron to get that call.

Stop and pop Aaron, stop and pop.

18. sixxboy

sixxboy Rookie

What was Trevor Ariza telling Aaron Brooks

Ariza was having an intense conversation with Brooks. Trainer, Coach and Big Anderson had to cool him down.

Does anyone know what they were talking about?
    It starts at 2:38 seconds.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ZJD7ijHUJY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ZJD7ijHUJY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

19. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

He was saying "Hey, Aaron, I'm gonna make sour faces and say a few bad words to get on TV, and hopefully fill up the entire first page of the Clutchfans GARM."

20. monster

monster Member

Can't tell what they were talking about, but it didn't look like too much to me.

The refs were so bad to the Rockets in the 4th qtr, I didn't think we were going to pull this one out.