1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets are throwing an awesome House Party, but how long will it last?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Well, they certainly were proven wrong about wings being fungible because Ennis couldn't cut it. And we saw the difference House made.

lilbird20 and saleem like this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yes. Look at that Ennis as exhibit A.

But they are still stubborn and setting themselves up again unnecessarily to have the same problem again next year.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

That's not the point of what the issue is. I keep saying morey is not at fault. The fact is it wasnt a mistake for house cause it takes just one team to pay u...house doesnt care one bit of that morey or any other gm...he feels he can get more the the current boss offered at the time....n it's obvious to any astute basketball watch that he can get more

4. HP3

HP3 Member

I get this, I just dont want to trade Gordon unless Im getting a better player back. Im more comfortable with @Deuce was saying. Even though its prolly a long shot.

steddinotayto likes this.
  5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Then goodbye Gordon? Lol

Gordon's time is done with the team between this summer or next summer when he becomes a free agent. I'd rather try to get something for him now than to let him walk and we wouldn't have cap room to replace his production.

Deuce likes this.
  6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I pat myself on the back every once in a while because no one else will.....but truth be told told saleem you have a very
    keen eye for the game. You brought it to my attention that Ennis wasn’t carrying his water and doing the job for
    us. I started to watch him closely and came up with the same conclusion.

If we look back at the thread when House was cut in the preseason, something like: “Morey is stupid for letting House go”
    There was probably about 8 members here on Clutchfans that called it that House could lay in this league.

His price was cheaper then
    His price was a little higher at the end of his 2-way contract (NBA days alloted)
    His price will probably be bigger this summer.

D’Antoni likes actually Harden defending the SF’s since he is top notch as a interior/ post up defender. Problem I see
    is Harden has a tendency to linger near the rim after his opponent tries to get near the rim. Once the player pops
    out to the perimeter......Harden half the time doesn’t follow. That is a due to energy conservation imo since
    Harden expends so much energy on the offensive end.

Rivers is Rivers and Shumpert is Shumpert.......they are and will be expendable at season’s end.

Faried is a wild card. If GSW feel confident playing Draymond Green at PF.....then I’m ok playing Faried at PF
    since Farieds numbers are better than Draymond’s numbers. Points/rebounds/3P%......just needs to get
    comfortable shooting 5 3’s a game thru practice over the summer. Would he except a modest contract?
    Could I split the Gordon contract of $14-$15 million on House/Faried? I would do it if I could.
    If not I’m perfectly happy turning Gary Clark loose on the league next season without restrictions of worrying about
    guaranteeing his contract if he plays X amount of regular season games or X amount of playoff games.

I’m sure the Rockets won’t follow my advice of moving Eric Gordon this summer to use most of that money to use on
    House and another player......but I feel it’s the best move to make. Since Harden and CP3 salary increase next season;
    Rockets need some give and take where they can. D’Antoni rotations of about 8 players come into play here as well.
    1)Harden 2)CP3 3)House 4)Tucker 5)Capela 6)GGreen 7)Faried 8)Gary Clark 9) Nene 10)Hartenstein
    11) player x (backup PG from Gordon trade making about $3 million)
    12) player y (backup player making vet minimum)

Of course this is if the Rockets don’t win the Championship this year. If the Rockets win the championship this year
    then I can see keeping Gordon if he is a factor in achieving that goal. Keep on keeping on saleem. Go Rockets!!

saleem likes this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks for your kindness and warmth as always dear Apache. All Houston Rockets fans on the Clutch BBS and outside of here too want to see our beloved team to win a 3rd NBA Championship as soon as possible. It's certainly a tough task, but we are backing the team, despite our frustrations and disappointments when things go wrong.
    Go Rockets!

J Sizzle and ApacheWarrior like this.
  8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The fact they replaced Ariza with a two-way player and and undrafted player should give them confidence.

steddinotayto likes this.
  9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

cont’d from post #66

I don’t recall all that opposed me during the thread when House was released in the preseason.....
    But I do recall @DrNuegebauer calling me out when the Warriors shortly cut House thereafter.
    I did not respect you doing that Dr. ; but I do respect you DrNuegebauer for acknowledging that House can be
    a player in this league and posting such recently. For that I tip my cap to you.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

They actually didn’t replace the production though until House showed an nba level of competence at the role that is needed. The drop off from Ariza to Ennis should be exhibit A. about value replacement 3/4’s.

I think it’s arrogant to think they’ll luck out with another House for next to nothing.

FWIW though I do like Clark. Just would be a gamble to say next year they can bank on him taking that step up in his game to be a full time starter. Would love to be wrong of course.

Hakeemtheking and J Sizzle like this.
  11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Definitely have a lot of faith in moreys skills as a gm. I do think he was limited this year by luxury tax dodging and it drives me nuts that the team denies it

Deuce and J Sizzle like this.
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I would be more comfortable with the revolving door of players if Harden and Paul’s window wasn’t so short. Letting proven players walk in hopes that maybe somebody can step in to a win-now team is dicey.

saleem and dobro1229 like this.
  13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Exactly!

I BELIEVE my point about the Warriors was that House was not 'lost to us' because he was on a non-guaranteed contract, and unlikely to make their roster, so if we wanted to get him back we could.

But at the time I didn't see in House what you did! I thought he was journeyman scrubfest for whatever reasons. Loving his development, but not loving the fact he isn't on a multi year deal with us...

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, I mistook your posting back then as just hating.

I truly respect your ability to show flexibility in your judgement and assessments. Others would start off saying
    something and remain steadfast in their words.

Major Kudos to you from me.

DrNuegebauer likes this.
  15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Like most around here I have strong opinions, but when you're wrong, you're wrong (saying that to myself!)

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Think the Warriors wish they kept House on their roster.

DrNuegebauer likes this.