1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Potential trade targets include Nene, Granger

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 7, 2011.

1. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I'll take either... but if I had to pick only one, I'd definitely take Granger.

Not that I think the Rockets will get him.

I really wouldn't mind getting Nene either, though.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Granger doesnt fit age-wise with Indy's core group. He should be "easier" to acquire. Nene may be on the same boat eventually, but i think it's going to take longer for denver to decide to go in that direction, as they have more vets on that team.

3. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Let's start showing respect to Mr. Alexander, the man who makes it all possible...

[​IMG]

4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

It's going to be Iggy and Dalenbert at the deadline..... :cool:

1 person likes this.
  5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

The guy on right use to play for the Rockets........ :cool:

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Once they move Melo, they'd like to move Chauncey too but have a team option either way. So if they could move Nene, and move or not exercise Chauncey, they'd only have $17 million on the books for next year. Where does that get them? I have no idea...but if you're going to suck, better to suck with a super cheap payroll than not.

I guess the alternative for the Nuggets would be to try and get back what they can for Melo, and keep Chauncey and Nene next year and maybe still have enough room to sign a solid FA. Perhaps they'd still have enough cap room (depending on what they got back for Melo) to pick up a Jason Richardson/AK47 combo. I doubt it though. Billups and Nene combined would make $25 million.

7. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Both or one or the other? I would go both if they can. Unload your excess MOREY!!! Unload it! Brooks, Scola, Battier, Hill, Budinger, are your chips. maybe even some other player mix matches. Some sort of mix can get you both and Keep Martin and lory with them. This is lineup with just those four.

Nene
    Granger
    Martin
    Lowry

Fill in blanks with whoever isnt traded away and you have a great team left. Then you have a team that can compete with two semi stars Martin and Granger. Two great secondary players Lowry and Nene. STOP HOLDING BACK AND DO IT ALREADY!

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

After reading Bird's interview, I don't see them giving up Granger, unless the owner decides he wants to be profitable and miss the playoffs. I would imagine it would come down to a straight yes or no at the trade deadline. Morey will offer to take Granger and Posey off their hands for cap relief and young talent and the owner will either take it or leave it. It won't be Bird's decision. It will strictly be a financial decision. The best we could hope for in that situation is for Indy to fade the next two weeks and for the owner to make the decision to pull the plug.

The Denver deal would be another obvious salary dump as part of the Melo to NY deal. We would use Yao's contract to take Nene and Al and help get that deal done and save Denver major dollars. I would imagine we would also get the Anthony Randolph in that scenario as well.

Another possibility would be if Indy decided to sell out Granger and Posey then we may be able to flip Granger to Denver for Melo in a "rental" scenario.

Indiana and Charlotte are two key teams to watch their play going into the trade deadline. If either one of them fade off, and right now it looks like Charlotte is the candidate to drop significantly, then they may be doing handstands to get ahold of Yao's contract. Both Indiana and Charlotte are losing gobs of money.

The closer to the trade deadline we get, the more valuable Yao's expiring contract becomes.

1 person likes this.
  9. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

This league is a competition after all.

It makes pretty good sense that we've been able to gather all the role-players and #'s 2 through 5 options that we wanted. They were traded to us because we don't have a solid #1 option.

If we had our ace player, other teams wouldn't trade with us like they have, making Morey's job to find role players that much harder. Actually, I think our role players would comprise of diamonds in the rough from the draft.

Also, imo Nene would dramatically improve our defense. He seems smart and speedy enough to pick up the defensive rotations quickly. We'd get a glimpse of what we hoped Jordan Hill would turn into through this season and next.

10. JayZ750

^^ rep for you. I agree completely. I'd rather keep Granger than rent Melo, but your line of thinking is where I was going as well.

I'm not sure the trades made win you championships, but can Morey work his way from fringe playoff team to regular playoff contender that potentially scares the Lakers and Spurs in a playoff series, definitely.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

"The Rockets have talked about both players with their respective teams."

"The Rockets first legitimate interest in Granger was rumored back in December, but that was before the full extent of Yao Ming’s injury was known. They still have interest."

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

If we got both I'd hope Morey moved Scola somewhere. I'd like a starting lineup of Lowry Kmart Granger Chuckwagon Nene. Competitive team in the west.. But I don't think it'd be able to bring home a ring.

13. JayZ750

?? Scola would be a perfect fit for that lineup.

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Agreed. If Granger does end up getting dealt this has the makings of a salary dump. They basically have Granger, Jones (2 years), Posey (1 year) then a bunch of rookie contracts.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Sigh, wake me up when something actually happens. I'm tired of talking about rumors and stuff that might happen.

All this is talk, Morey hasn't delivered on anything.

Are t we supposed to have bosh, Melo, and Iggy in addition to a high lotto pick thanks to the Knicks sucking this season?

Oh wait.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

I think it's just to big a gab in D. Martin Granger Scola... They might be able to put up 120 a game but the other team will put up 130. You put Chuck in the paint with Nene that would make a world of difference. West Aldridge Odem wouldn't be putting up season high numbers against us anymore.

17. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Well at least we had that Landry trade for Martin back 2 years ago in the last decade which moved us into some direction with better layers. That one trade Moreys entire time here of positive note.

18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Said Tonight's Gonna Be A Good Night...Said Tonights gonna Be-e-e A Real Good Ni-i-ight....

19. TimBly15

TimBly15 Member

give me granger give me dubs. still need a big man can we get both??

20. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Lets grab both