1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Potential Rocket Profile: LeBron James

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 17, 2014.

1. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

If LeBron opts out, which I expect to happen at this point, I would imagine Houston gets an invitation to pitch him at the least. When that news breaks this place will go bonkers.

2. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

If Lebron opts out, I believe Houston is the first team on his wish list. Lebron is great friend with Howard and Harden. I believe if he opts out, he will go to Houston. I know I am homer, but I can feel it.

3. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

If LBJ would come here, just give us the WC trophy already.

I'm kidding.

Or am I?

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

OMG my body is so ready. Thank you may I have another?

absurd, but I like it!!

5. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Alright Cyberx, CLUTCHFANS IS CALLING YOU!

6. aznjeff

aznjeff Member

lol. lebron is most likely staying in miami.

7. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Most likely..... so there's a chance he leaves.

8. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

On the Dan Patrick show, Woj agrees that LBJ is this emotionally sensitive guy, that I imagine would hate getting all the trash for leaving Miami (not going to Cleveland).

Maybe this has been mentioned in this thread or the other, but what does Houston give him? What's his motivation?

He's already won two titles. He's in a creampuff conference (what's the guarantee we make it to the WCF next year?).

I have a really difficult time seeing us on his list. To me, I think he opts in (and in the slightest chance, leaves to Cleveland after that).

All leading me to believe that we should focus our effort on getting Melo and keeping Parsons.

9. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

If Jim Parsons makes a YouTube video, LeBron's ours!

10. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

huh..?

11. Fantasma Negro

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

oh wait, nvm, we're talking about this year, I can't seem to tell sometimes with how much the same **** gets rehashed with a new name

13. King1

King1 Contributing Member

If Morey knows he can get Melo or Lebron he will give up the necessary picks needed to get rid of Lin. While lin is bad, he is still an expiring deal. They only have to eat one year of his play. No sane gm would turn down two first round picks to only have to deal with a year of lin

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I wonder if Lebron's legacy would be hindered by playing on multiple teams. When I think of majority of the all time greats they had a legacy with one team. Jordan and Hakeem stuck with one team and didn't title chase. They created titles with the teams that drafted them.

15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Not really. People will talk initially but if he wins it won't matter.

16. Classic

Classic Member

works out ok in baseball & football

17. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

Kareem, Shaq, Wilt, Garnett, Barkley, Malone(I know, 15+ years of Utah)McGrady, and Kidd, Nash etc....All played on different teams. It means nothing.

18. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>LeBron to Rockets??? Romo says next 3 yrs will be his best? Manziel at it again? Stephen A and I debate 10-1130 E, EsPN2</p>&mdash; Skip Bayless (@RealSkipBayless) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/statuses/479257338269155328">June 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

It's amazing to think that only couple of years ago, LeBron and Dwight were the most dominant basketball players in the world. We were mocked for thinking of having any one of those two.

And now there's a possibility that they both could team up with in Houston, who only a couple of years ago was stuck NBA hell with it's two best player being Martin and Scola.

Of course, Dwight is not the force he once was but is still the best center in basketball. And to round out the trio is James Harden, the best shooting guard in the league.

It's truly crazy how one event can change everything like it did when Morey traded for Harden. We now have a chance to combine the consensus best shooting guard, best center and best forward who is also the best player in the league on one team. It's mind blowing to even think about it especially if you remember those 2010 and 2011 seasons.