1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Potential Rocket Profile: LeBron James

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 17, 2014.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I said if trading Harden for Melo (and teaming him up with LeBron and Howard) means the Rockets can win at least ONE championship I would do it. Who wouldn't?

2. Moleb

Moleb Member

Knowing ones personality is key to making sales in my line of work. I'm not going to go into too much detail about what I do for a living career wise because there are many immature members on here that would rather look at stupid silly stuff rather than the content of what people post.

What I'm going to say hopefully can be used as a logical sales pitch to Lebron James. Hopefully it is read by someone with in the Rockets orginization.

Lebron stated that he was a little frustrated with Wade resting so many games this season, which in term doesnt allow ample amount of chemistry to build. Not only that but Lebron had to carry the team several times through out the season thus expending a lot of energy. A person going on 30 yrs old cannot afford to be expending so much energy on the floor. And it will shorten his career, and also shorten his prime.

A team like Houston would be a good fit for him because he has a 24 yr old All Star player in Harden that can take over a game and keep his team ahead when James is resting on the bench. Harden when he wants to is also a good passer capable of dishing out double diget assists. Lebron could play off ball a lot & conserve energy in this manner.

On the other side of the spectrum, Lebron has never played with a dominant low post threat like Dwight Howard. Who he can throw the ball inside, and just spot up. Thus conserving his energy. LeBron James spot up FG% is very very high, and he would get a lot of easy looks based on this.

Also Lebron could run pick and roll with 28 yr old Howard and have a field day on the offensive end, due to his superior passing. Even with Harden on the floor, a P & R with Howard would suck in many defenders and Harden would be open to take the 11 3pt FGA per game he enjoys taking ;).

Even a pick and role with Harden and James would be good with James setting the screen and rolling to the basket for his pin down move he does to smaller player son the block. If the pre-rotate early, Howard could easily catch a lob from Harden.

Another reason James could come here is because of Morey. The Rockets GM has drafted many good role players with late 1st round picks, & even 2nd round picks. James wasted 7 yrs in Cleveland being surrounded with horrible talent, and several stupid draft picks. While Teams like OKC. drafted players like Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Reggie Williams, Perry Jones, Steven Adams, etc. And the Spurs with their incredible drafting, and finding bargain players with high basketball IQ's, and skill. These players have upside, youth, skills, play making, intangibles and athleticism. This aspect is perhaps the biggest reason for James to come, is Daryl Morey. You as Rockets fans are very aware of the great role players we have.

Lime many posters said before, the only issue we will have is the coaching. Mchale is a good coach but not a great coach. This takes time, Pop, Phil Jackson, Doc Rivers were not great coaches their 1st few yrs. It takes time.

I wish we could hire a great defensive coach. JVG would be a great defensive coach. But I doubt that would happen.

Hopefully this is read and not ridiculed. If i spelled something wrong i don't care.

1 person likes this.
  3. Fantasma Negro

Me, thats a dumb trade. Why trade for a player that does one thing for another player that only does one thing. It cancels itself out and you actually get worse because Melo pouts. Ppl talked crap about Hardens defense all through the playoffs and he never pouted. And Hardenhas nba finals experience and single handedly carried this team to the playoffs for two straight seasons. You would trade that guy for a disloyal selfish chucker?

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LeBron should take a long hard look at that Miami roster. Wade is an albatross right now. This is a tough situation for them.

If LeBron is yearning for the "Wade of old"....he can get that with James Harden right now and for many, many years down the road.

People talk about the Heat looking old and having poor post defense. The Rockets roster solves BOTH of those issues.

Rockets are a perfect match, plain and simple.

5. today

today Contributing Member

I could look at that picture of Lebron in a Rox uniform ALL DAY LONG. Thoroughly enjoyed daydreaming during the read. Thanks Clutch =)

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The problem with even discussing this too much is the fact that the moment Lebron goes elsewhere you will have roughly 75% of the GARM blaming Morey, blaming Harden, blaming McHale, etc. as if it was some sort of slight to the Rockets that he wouldn't force his way to Houston.

Its ridiculous how unreal the expectations are around here.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They'll only start blaming Morey after Cyberx says something like "Lebron might go to Houston but only if they are willing to do X" and then follows it up with "Houston rising on the charts with Lebron" and then "Late push by team Y!" and then when Lebron signs back with the Heat people will say Morey couldn't close the deal.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

When he comes, he won't have any hair left so photoshop him bald

9. txn

txn Member

In this case, Lin gonna see this

[​IMG]

every time he steps on the court, :grin:

10. Fantasma Negro

Hakeem can get this deal done

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I know he'll be target 1A, and rightfully so, but I wonder how it will play out. IPads, fan caravans, Twitter campaigns, or a heavy recruitment by Rockets past and present? I guess a lot of that depends on how LeBron wants this to happen.

I'm gonna guess ACN. But it's obviously an MLM.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I don't see why it has to be about Harden and Howard only, if he likes Houston. A big selling point is the help Lebron would get from the role guys like CP, Jones, and Beverley. Howard, James, our roles guys + Melo OR Harden is better than what Miami has now and likely can offer going forward.

That being said, i think you read too much into Clutch's comment. He's just saying that's how crazy things could get, just to lock up the best player in the league. I doubt Lebron would push Harden out though because they're actually friends. It would be a b**** move bigger than The Decision.

13. Moleb

Moleb Member

Do be honest that could be another selling point. IF Hakeem could work with James through out the season we could go small with him at PF.

Howard
    James
    Parsons - not sure with he wont be included in sign and trade
    Harden
    Beverly

Other than Harden defensively this unit has more potential than Miami.

I really really hope clutch cyberx, or Morey reads these posts, and actually mentions them to Leborn James.

ONly bad thing is the west is a lot tougher than the East. But it would be a Godsend is Adam Silver did restructure the playoff format to the top 16 teams in the NBA play instead of East and West. If this happened then Houston would be Lebron best choice. Hopefully this is mentioned to Lebron as a sales pitch as well.

There are TONS more factors about his personality that I could get into to increase having him buy into the Rockets. But dont feel like typing it.

14. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Instant title favorites in Vegas if this happens, guaranteed. Toss ball for Howard inside or Harden/Parsons outside.

LBJ is a top-5 playmaker, scorer, and perimeter defender. He is the efficiency King. If this happens, we all donate $100 somewhere

15. jlowe362

jlowe362 Member

Yes LeBron

Yes LeBron in H-Town!

16. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

You know what...I'm going into irrational excitment mode. Lebron to Houston! Would be so ironic since most of my friends were Cavs fans and jumped to Miami when he left.

17. Classic

Classic Member

Bun-B, make it happen!

1 person likes this.
  18. valorita

valorita Member

Dwight ultimately came to Houston because he thought it was the best situation for him to win.
    This is the same line we need to pitch LeBron. Tell him that he is the best player in the world no matter what and even he couldn't overcome the Spurs by himself. At the end of the day, the final say in a basketball players' legacy is the number of championships he has won. With Dwight, Harden and co, he will have 4-5yrs of annual championship caliber team.
    The only thing that would have been even more compelling is if we beat Portland this year and took the Spurs to 7 games, thus the argument that we took the Spurs to 7 without you (Lebron), imagine if we had you...

19. Moleb

Moleb Member

You have an excellent point there. We do have a team that could compete longer and better than any other team in the NBA. Sadly we did lose to Portland, but on the other hand we did go 4-0 vs the Spurs this year. But Reg season is a totally different animal than the playoffs. The Spurs actually dont have an answer for Dwight Howard though. So that could be another selling point.

20. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

"The Rockets also could make an interesting pitch in that with one stroke of the pen, LeBron could turn the San Antonio Spurs from NBA champions to second-best team in their own state, relegating the Dallas Mavericks, another team LeBron lost to in the Finals, to a distant third."

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/6920/lebron-james-houston-rockets/

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2014/06/17/20140617-mia-lebron-exit-intv.nba//

U can "CLAIM THE WESTERN CONFERENCE & NBA THRONE" with H-Town.

Let the Dynasty begin...