1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Potential Rocket Profile: Kevin Love

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 18, 2014.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The same sources who told him that Memphis wanted to get rid of Zach Randolph but wanted to do it slyly so they were pretending to be interested in extending him just to piss him off and force him to leave so they could sign Pau Gasol.

It wouldn't shock me if he had...

wait for it....

Multiple Sources.

2. basketballholic

Zach is trade-able. Remember that.

3. zksb09

zksb09 Member

Very interesting.

If Parsons is in Cali training with Love, why do you think he is not recruiting him?.

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

You incorporate The Asik trade into a 3 way since the pick would obviously be going to Minnesota.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You never let go do you?

Do you want to bet the future of your (current) username on whether or not Randolph is traded prior to the start of this season?

Just admit that you were wrong man. Your theory was ridiculous. It's ok to say that, we've all been wrong before in bad fashion. (Myself included!)

Just stop presenting your theories as fact or some sourced rumor.

6. basketballholic

Because Love isn't a free agent. (But believe you me, Parsons is out there in his ear every day, yacking and yacking about winning rings with him. But it's out of the rumor mill.)

Nobody is recruiting Lebron, Melo, or any of the free agents. Compare that to last season. Parsons was in contact with Dwight every single day. Fast forward to this season. Now..."I'm not recruiting." coming out of Harden and Howard's mouths. And Parsons is DEAD SILENT!

Add up all the evidence that is staring you in the face guys. It doesn't mean we are going to get Love. But we are going after him very hard.

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

Hope you're right. Pardon the pun, but would love to see a Woj bomb to the affect of: [Woj] Rockets in advanced talks to acquire Kevin Love

I can't make heads or tails of what is going on right now, especially with the Daniels news. Parsons being a RFA makes sense if you know you've got a deal done.

8. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

man, i hope love is the acquisition we go after all the while retaining parsons.

9. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Just throwing this out there, please correct me if im wrong.. But couldnt some of our new draft picks and foreign talent be used to trade to minny? young talent 2/3 maybe NJ or Gentile?

Also, on a scarier note, there was talk a while ago of wanting to trade us for parsons and also get Love... is there a chance they are both working out in Cali because there is a chance both are headed there?!

10. basketballholic

Personally....I believe we have reached one of the critical points of the off season today. This is the last day before free agency. The free agent season starts tomorrow. Up until the end of today I believe Morey's priority will be and has been to acquire Love.

After today, if there is not an agreed-to deal for Love (whether announced or unannounced), then I think Morey shifts from trying to acquire Love to trying to get either Melo or Love and both become equal targets with Morey going ahead with negotiating a deal with Melo if possible. Morey isn't going to wait on a trade for Love if he knows he can secure Melo.

So basically after today Love and Melo become equal targets.

**It would not surprise me if there is some sort of news from Love's camp today saying he is interested in playing for the Rockets if he indeed is interested in coming here. They could do this to send the signal to Morey to continue the pursuit if Love indeed wants to come here. I really think today is a high-pressure day on all parties, Morey, Flip, and Love. Because Morey isn't going to wait for Love. And if Love wants to come here he may need to come out with a statement. And Flip may feel the pressure to get a deal agreed-to so that Love's trade value won't be sapped if Love states he wants the Rockets.

11. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

With Boston seemingly out of the picture, this becomes a lot more interesting. That Pelicans pick could be the game changer just like the Toronto pick was in the Harden trade.

Based on what basketballholic said, you have to think that we're the leader to get him IF they decide to deal him now. Timing is everything though. If they don't pull the trigger, that opportunity may be gone in the next 10 days or so as free agency hits.

12. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

We should go after Lebron first and if that didn't work, then we go after LOVE. Say no to Melo...he's a ballhog freak and don't fit this team. Beside, it doesn't fit our need...we need a PF the most.

13. basketballholic

Here's the question: What can that Pelies pick be turned into if Minnesota wants a player? Can it be turned into more value than Klay Thompson on the last year of his rookie deal before he hits free agency???

My opinion is that it can and it is more valuable than Klay.

The next set of questions have to do with where can both teams send a whole tornado's worth of players including Jones, DMo, Covington, Martin, Barea, Mbah A Moute, Shved, and Budinger.......and Lin. This is what I suspect both teams have been working diligently on for a few weeks now.

14. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Since Wade and Bosh opted out, I think it's about a 99% chance that Lebron ends up back in Miami with at least Wade and probably Bosh too.

15. basketballholic

That is very possible. It's also possible that either NJ or Gentile were picked to route to New Orleans instead of the $1.5 million.

16. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Yea, if NO has someone that Minny wants then drafting for NO and sending asik, could be perfect for a 3 team trade to land us Love.. That would be awesome.

Side note, that no one has mentioned. Will Love STAY here? otherwise none of this is worth it.

17. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

if we are able to keep chandler, i feel it is no issue to keep love. love is searching for a winning situation, a situation where he connects with the team, and i don't doubt that he would love to play for mchale and/or train with olajuwon

he would get loaded with sponsorship from abroad, so i sure once he's here, he stays

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

Obviously Morey is keeping all options open right now. Anything and everything is being done to maximize flexibility, even declining our team option on Daniels to open up an extra $300k in room.

I agree with the "All quiet on the Love front" we've seen recently. Nothing new has really come out from Minnesota or Love for about a week.

19. Possum

Possum Member

Where the sarcasm smiley??

20. Possum

Possum Member

Even of he leaves that would open up salary room for durant. Right?