1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Potential Rocket Profile: Carmelo Anthony

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Jun 20, 2014.

1. vernonmaxwell11

"Before we delve too far into the fit, let’s start with the obvious: the Rockets are chasing a player who can be the “third-best player on a championship team”. Anthony, who averaged 27.4 points/game and 8.1 rebounds/game in 2013-14 for the New York Knicks, is clearly someone of that caliber."

I would say that Melo would be our best player and #1 option. Then Dwight, then Harden.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

3. vernonmaxwell11

oh and take a pay cut? i'm not sure if you can mess with contracts after it's already been signed, but if i were melo and took a pay cut, i would expect dwight and harden to take pay cuts.

4. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Once a contract is signed, it cannot be re-structured (it can in the NFL) due to the CBA, because there is not a hard salary cap.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Anthony would most definitely be a perfect fit. I understand a lot of people wants him to play PF but imo he should play that when we go small. He is a natural 3 and Parsons should become our 6th man. I know quiet a few members will disagree but if you look at it Parsons would thrive off the bench. He would still average 30+ minutes a game.

6. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

just curious about everyones mindset...whos going to be the backup center? whos going to be the starting PF? I believe pf and pg were the 2 weakest positions that got exposed. The Rockets were already top in the league in scoring so how does Anthony improve the team significantly when the team needs more depth and better pg and pf?

7. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Melo moves to PF, as he did with the Olympic team, and we use exceptions/vet min on a backup C - Okafor? Hollins? Ayon?

8. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

Ok I guess that wouldnt be too bad but even Lin and Asik combined is not enough for Melo. I would hate to have to give up Parsons as I feel that he was the glue guy most if the season. Who else would need to be released to get Melo?

9. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

@FisolaNYDN: A person close to Carmelo Anthony confirms that Melo, as expected, will inform Knicks on Monday that he's opting out. "One hundred percent."

10. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

There's no need for Melo in Houston.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XoWuSjJvMP8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you are going to use him alongside James Harden you will never ever reach your potential, especially with Rockets level of coaching

The only way it may work is using Howard at C, Anthony at PF, Parsons at SF, but Carmelo doesn't have defensive fundamentals to play at PF on D, it takes a ton of time and it's way too late to learn at 30, so Rockets would play with two holes in the lineup on defense and Spurs showed what will going on if so

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

I actually the benefits of his elite offensive game would overcome him having to play the PF. He is at least as strong as TJones so it's not like we are losing much.

12. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

can we get a potential rocket profile for love?

13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

1 person likes this.
  14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

15. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

16. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Only three years ago, this perennial loser was so hot on this board the CF crew did a profile on him. Now, his cash-grabbing sorry ass is getting rejected as trade fodder for Kevin Love - another perennial loser this board likes to circle jerk.

Boy have the mighty fallen!

I would like to laugh at some posters in this thread, name call a few, maybe even post a few gifs and Melo memes, but I'm not going to.

The only reason I'm writing is to say I'm glad Morey sidestepped this landmine. I remember the crap he got from the reactionaries on this board for not landing Bosh or Melo.

Now, tell me who's having the last laugh?

][​IMG]

17. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

but what if we would've won a championship years ago with bosh or melo when they were actually good?

bosh doesn't play now and melo is older and not as good. This is years ago breh. not fair

DonKnock likes this.
  18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Curious what your thoughts are regarding Kevin Love's impact on an MDA-Harden offense, now that we see the effect Ryan Anderson had...at nearly the same money and a few years younger.

Or are you all about saying you'd love to name call posters, but not going to do it.

mikol13 likes this.
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Love would fit, Melo would not.

DD

mikol13 and DonKnock like this.
  20. Caesar

Caesar Member

Melo would honestly be amazing in this offense run by Harden and MDA. He'd basically be TEAM USA Melo. Wide open looks all game long.