1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: What's Wrong With Patrick Beverley?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Asian Sensation

Basketball equivalent of Pat Bev.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0d5eP0wWLQY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"You can't pass. You can't create. What do you want me to say?"

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Totally agree on Dragic. Doesn't look happy and looks neutered. He just isn't as effective. Not only is Dragic playing SG, he is playing SF at times when Bledsoe and IT are in the lineup. It just is all jammed up. IT has been great for them, but has hurt Dragic's impact.

3. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Bev's hasn't been much better lately LOL.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Same here. Doesn't mean we'll get him, unfortunately. Appendages crossed, however. Makes it hard to walk and I'm eating with chopsticks.

5. Progs

Progs Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a> Pat Beverley to replace John Wall in NBA skills challenge at all-star weekend</p>&mdash; Adam Wexler (@awexler) <a href="https://twitter.com/awexler/status/565193848687575040">February 10, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[​IMG]

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

7. boiler

boiler Member

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

9. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

4th string? Do Lakers even have 4 point guards? Lin is the second string, and as bad as he's been, he's still better than Clarkson right now. Clarkson has way more upside, but let's get real. The Lakers are tanking. Robert Sacre is starting. That tells you all you need to know. Their best players (Boozer, Lin, Nick Young, Ed Davis) are all coming off the bench. Lin has regressed for sure, but just because he's coming off the bench for a team that's clearly tanking doesn't make him completely useless for all NBA teams.

As far as Lin vs Bev goes for this team, I agree that I'd still
    rather have Bev. Even though the Rockets need a second play maker and Bev's defense has been declining, I wouldn't be able to deal with those stupid turnovers Lin makes. And I just don't think Bev's horrible play will continue. He'll bounce back soon enough.

But with that being said, that doesn't mean Lin vs. Bev for this team is not at least an argument.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Clutch was obviously exaggerating to make a point. But Lin is the 3rd string PG. Price was the starter. When he went down, Clarkson took over the starting job. So Lin's the third guy.

That said, I think Price, Clarkson, and Lin are pretty much at the same level. Byron Scott could have played any one of them any night and had the same result.

1 person likes this.
  11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Steve Nash > Ronnie Price > Jordan Clarkson > (anything the Lakers can find that can defend and won't turn the ball over) > Jeremy Lin.

1 person likes this.
  12. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Yes because Tarik Black, Ryan Kelly, and Robert Sacre are better than Ed Davis, Wesley Johnson/Nick Young, and Carlor Boozer respectively because the former have the "starting job." Lakers are obviously playing it smart and tanking while developing their young players.

And I agree with you on your second point. No matter who you throw out there, the Lakers are pretty much losing. I don't think Lin is worse than Ronnie Price and most Lakers fans would agree, but that's just opinion. Obviously he's not better than Price by much so it doesn't really matter.

13. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Ah yes, the Lin fans argument that he isnt playing because he is soooo good he will ruin their plans on tanking. You guys are funny.

14. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

No I'm saying they'll lose regardless. But it's better to develop Clarkson than to play Lin. Ask any Lakers fan and they'll tell you the same thing. Clarkson has upside for sure.

And I'm not even defending Lin other than defending the fact that he's not a D-leaguer. I realize he's played like a scrub this year.

I will say though that if Lin could sign with us for the minimum (which is probably the best he's going to get as a free agent), I would consider it. Even though he's regressed I still think he could give 10-12 points in about 20-25 minutes and give us some semblance of a secondary play maker. I'll probably be in the minority for this opinion though

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I sincerely hope to god this will never, ever happen.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

No.
    10-12 points and 20 wasted possessions, turnovers, broken plays?
    Not to mention the piece of **** loser LOFs that will flood the forum again. No thanks.

17. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Yea I mean I'd rather sign another guard who can give the same thing on the court for sure. I guess I was just speaking in last resort terms

18. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

:grin:
    Haha yeah I understand. Sorry I brought that suggestion up

19. knucklehead3321

LMAO this made my day!

20. alethios

alethios Member

Even if Beverley had excellent PG skills, it's not what this team needs while Harden is running the point. What's needed is a secondary shooter (emphasis on the shooter) who has good handles, can create his own shot and defend.