1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Ty Lawson, Houston Rockets Point Guard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Podcast with BimaThug to discuss the Ty Lawson trade, among other things.

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/9028/podcast-ty-lawson-houston-rockets-point-guard/

Also, thought this was interesting...

1 person likes this.
  2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Great way to start the day. No one is at work right now, guess what's going on the loud speaker in lab?...

3. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Love the podcasts. Thanks Clutch and Bima!

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

about dam time Clutch. its been like 12 hours since it happened. jk. thank you for your speedy execution.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Rep for the recap.

6. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

7. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Awesome podcast!

As always, thanks for this Clutch!

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

We got Lawson. Clutch and Bima celebrate. KJ deal was a good deal, like Landry deal but more cost efficient. KJ deal is good because he can be traded. Losing Josh was a bit of a head scratcher. KPap 2nd year non-guaranteed deal was key to getting Lawson. Roster spots open up after this deal for cheap as well (getting rid of Lin took a pick, but shipping out Dorsey cost us not much). Terry will either be resigned soon or his rights renounced to make Lawson deal work. Sad not seeing Dekker or Capella play in SL, Clutch didn't see rockets taking Dekker. Lawson is a game changer. Game changer. Lawson has his issues, and we shouldn't overlook those either. Having another playmaker is a huge boost to the Rockets, but defense is a question. Harrell can be signed up to 2 years at rook min deal w/o using MLE OR they could give Harrell 3 or 4 year deal (or > rook min) using MLE. Harrell will affect Rockets on whether they are hard capped or not. If hard capped, the Rockets only have ~$2.3 mil to play with. We are now at the nit picky stage. Fine tuning will be ahead. We are contenders?

3 people like this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Love it or hate it, days like these when it feels like Morey's playing chess among people playing checkers.

Using K-Pap's engineered expiring as a crucial trade chip will be copied by teams that know how to use it...

1 person likes this.
  10. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. joxford

joxford Member

Chuck told me at summer league he was coming back to Houston

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Hayes or Barkley? Eh, I'll take either.

13. joxford

joxford Member

lmao. I was sitting behind Keith Jones and Keith said something about a physical (that got my attention), and then I asked the chuckwagon if he was coming back and he said ya

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Thanks Clutch and Bima!!!!!

15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Arghh! I left my headphones at home! Hopefully everyone leaves for lunch so I can turn that ish up!

Excited to see Lawson play, but nervous that if he truly has a drinking problem, this is the worst place for him. Lawson will quickly forget Denver, but hanging around Harden, he'll always be close to Colorado....

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Welp, NBA Store won't let me make my own lawson jersey

[​IMG]

17. TruthBeTold

TruthBeTold Member

Would make a lot of sense. I like Alan Williams but we need more experienced veterans on the roster, especially at the forward spot with all the big men in our conference. Plus there's always a possibility we can stash Williams in RGV, along with Christian Wood.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Drunk Ty Lawson &gt; <a href="https://twitter.com/patbev21">@patbev21</a></p>&mdash; worrell (@RealBillWorrell) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealBillWorrell/status/623140723810922496">July 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Thanks Bima and Clutch. Good first reactions, and appreciate the breakdown of the hard cap implications following this deal.

Clutch -

You mentioned several times your concerns with the PF spot, and the potential desire to move Jones (its a well know super-desire of a portion of the fanbase obviously).

With Jones only counting a little over 2 million in salary this year, and again with the potential hard cap implications, I just don't see how you are going to upgrade the position without taking on more salary in a trade. If Smith was resigned, or lets say they lucked out and got someone like a Brandon Bass at the minimum, then it would have made sense to shop Jones for a 1st rounder or something, but right now, I just don't see where you are going to find better value.

I agree that in the playoffs, Jones has been exposed as someone that just isn't on the same level as a Western Conference powerhouse at the PF spot, but he's not really being asked to do that as a regular season rotation PF. To me it really comes down to whether or not you believe in D-Mo as potentially the guy with Jones really being your solid backup option there.

I'm just curious because you seem very interested in moving him for an upgrade... at this point, where is the benefit in that out there in a trade that isn't restricted in their cap situation, but I'm willing to hear otherwise.

Thanks

20. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Hayes as our insurance policy for our Bigs Rotation is perfect. I was one of the many huge fans Chuckwagon earned while playing in Rocket Red.

He has that Kentucky strength. He makes us tougher. He'll make all the bigs better. He is like the Shane Battier of power forwards. Does everything right. The master of defensive positioning, using your body, boxing out, locking out someone on a low post, stripping a ball, getting hands up, being in the right spot for lightning quick garbage work & puts backs. How many times did he get fans popping out of their seats, fists clinched, arms flexed yelling "CHHHHHUCK HHHHAYYYES!!!!!"
    [​IMG]