1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: The Dwightmare for Thomas Robinson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Stew015

Stew015 Contributing Member

I appreciate the feedback. Lance and I are very excited to be helping out with these podcasts. The goal is to do them as frequently as we can. Like Dave alluded to, any feedback is more than welcomed.

1 person likes this.
  2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

If Parsons' game keeps improving we can't afford to let him go. He's already so valuable on the court as it is. OKC traded Harden to avoid the luxury tax and it really hurt them this season. Ditto with Chicago in regards to Asik. We need to keep our quality players.

Give him the contract he's earned. If some desperate team gives him a max contract or something, then we'll have a problem.

3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

First off thanks Clutch/guests for making the podcast.
    As usual it satisfied my Rockets craving!

I happened to see the gif Rodman23 made before you
    posted the podcast and I also thought it was hilarious!
    I want to say that the music from your opening went
    perfectly with the gif!! Maybe some more collaboration
    between the two of you is in order? It just felt right to
    see both talents being displayed simultaneously!

Regardless looking forward to the next podcast!
    Live long and prosper....:grin:

1 person likes this.
  4. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

Crazy coincidence; I stole someone's car last night.

5. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

ok well if it was a ford escape...make sure its not found ha.

6. MONON

MONON Member

Loved the podcast!!! Great material!!! However, I had headphones on when I started it up. The intro blew me away & I turned the volume down, only to have to turn it back up when the discussion started. Could you make the intro and discussion the same volume? My ears thank you in advance. :grin:

7. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

I believe parsons will be our third star next season. Harden, Howard, Parsons will be our big 3

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I miss Bima. This particular discussion could really use his detailed discussion of cap math.

Specifically, 1)HOU needs to dump more than just Robinson, but him, White and at least one or more other contracts, and 2)this is in addition to getting rid of all of the significant non-guaranteeds.

If HOU determines that the assets that it will give up for dumping salaries this way is too steep, they may give up on Lin instead (and maybe keep Brooks to backup Beverley) for salary reasons.

I hope that Clutch is right that Robinson doesn't survive the month as a Rocket. If he actually has trade value, I hope that they can use that value to get rid of Royce White's salary as well, and then you can decide about which other salary among, say, DMo, Jones and Smith you get to dump or keep. Lin is not an elite PG, but at least he is an NBA level player and has actually demonstrated some upside.

#28 Carl Herrera, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  9. Stew015

Stew015 Contributing Member

I think for now moving Thomas Robinson is the most realistic option. Although, I do share the belief that Lin being traded is an option. My only concern with that is, finding a team that would be willing to take a flyer on his 8.3. This should be a very interesting off-season.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

That's effed up! Sorry to hear that.:(

11. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Yah they found it today all jacked up and they broke my sun glasses....didnt steal them just broke them

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Love it !

DD

13. basketballholic

Hey dude,

you need to go to the draft section and post your thoughts on guys in this draft. I miss your commentary.

14. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

They broke his sunglass, DD! And you "love it"?? You're twisted, man.

15. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I like the podcasts. I do prefer BimaThug and his salary cap insight. Most of the stuff you guys talked about I already knew...

Nonetheless, good work fellas

1 person likes this.
  16. allaroundplayer

I can't wait until July 1 comes, when everybody will learn the Rockets aren't truly interested in signing Howard. He said he wants to find out how teams plan to win. Translation: How much will I get the ball. The Rockets will explain their philosophy that he won't be so pleased about and so that will make it easy for him to choose another team over the Rockets. That way is better than just saying we don't want you.

Something else is since T-Rob doesn't have much trade value right now, in order to make the best trade for him, they may have to wait until the summer league, which is July 7-12, where hopefully he can make a good showing. So that is another excuse that Morey can use for not offering Howard a contract. Sorry to disappoint everybody, but the Rockets haven't been developing all their bigs just to have Howard come in & keep them all from blossoming.

17. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Rockets Philosophies are:
    1. less midrange shots
    2. more 3s and in the paint shots
    3. read and react...

what about those 3 things would turn off Dwight?

1 and 2 means more shots for him... 3 means you exploit opposing teams weaknesses, and what are the opposing teams weaknesses are? CENTERS ... means more shots for him...

18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Well this is certainly a fresh take :rolleyes:

19. trowa2

trowa2 Member

i think its a risk worth gambling for the lakers. Of course, they will need asik in the deal

20. Garner

Garner Member

Thanks for the podcast Clutch. These are always appreciated.

I look forward to listening at work tomorrow.