1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast - Talking Draft, Rockets Future with BimaThug

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

While I think it would be fun to hear them answer questions "live" next time (please let there be a next time!), it might be less chaotic if they asked us to submit questions, and then picked a few to discuss. You know, like, "Here's a question from a longtime member Crash, wondering if yada-yada-yada (that's Seinfeld speak for Fill in the Blank). So what do you see happening there, Bima?" Sounds groovy to me. Maybe have a lottery (oh, the irony!), where they pick a few members (contributing members only!) to ask a question during the podcast "live." Then we can all make fun of the cat's voice, ha ha. ;-D-

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I agree. Using the bbs to get a list of questions would likely be the most efficient way to get questions. I really hope we get another podcast before the draft or at least right after.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Since there is a (de facto) black-out of news until the Draft, or at least post-LBJ coronation, two would be great: 1 as a close-in lead-in to Draft nite and the 2nd the morning after.

If it's not too much to ask, that is, Messers Clutch and Thug. Thanx...xiki...

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Even if you can't get Bima because he is a busy lawyer a Q/A with Clutch would be fantastic, IMO.

DD

5. delishman

delishman Member

I smell another episode of DD's Rocket Talk brewing!

6. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Finally got a chance to listen :)

Great discussion. I liked bima's response on who do you want to fall to 14 in the draft. LOL

John Henson's wingspan and help defense is fun to watch, what isn't is him getting pushed around in the lane on post ups.

I like Perry Jones in theory, but like yall, I think he has huge bust potential. I like the idea of his athleticism, but the Rox won't take a flyer on him imho.

I'm not sure why everyone wants to stay away from Terrence, but I agree he's not a player I would say would be good for the Rockets... mostly because of his need for constant attention (not from the media, but from a coaching stand point - I actually think he'd be a good fit in Chicago with Thibs *weird I know)

I look forward to more of these podcasts... if you need feed assistance I can totally help with that ;) Or anything else to make more podcasts possible, sign me up!

Thanks for sharing!!

7. AFS

AFS Member

Did you just yada yada yada through sex?

8. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Very well done, Clutch and Bima.

I'd die a happy man if Morey flipped 14, 16, and Lowry for Beal. He has a smooth outside game and top-flight athleticism... reminds me of B-Roy. He'll turn 19 this week. Imagine Morey butting into the top 5-6 to nab the Draft's most promising 2-guard, to pair with fellow Billy Donovan disciple, Chandler Parsons.

I can't get excited about going "solid" with Zeller at 14. McHale's salivating for some young talent at C, but Zeller's battled a slew of injuries throughout his career, and he's 3.5 years older than a guy like Beal. He's as close to a finished product as you'll find this year. Not necessarily a bad thing... for a squad like MIA. If a trade-up is out of the picture, I'd much rather gamble on a project like PJIII or Leonard, if available. Zeller's younger brother out of Indiana looked like an ideal fit, but decided to return, and will be one of the first guys off the board next summer. I think he'll be a much better pro than Tyler.

Should be interesting, and I'm hoping Dork Elvis steals the show. Picks + disgruntled backup PG for potential multi-year All Star at SG would be a stroke of genius. Maybe he goes for the UF trifecta next year and takes Patric Young, savage PF. Ah, one can hope.

9. cod

cod Member

A few questions...

Are the Rockets required to keep one of their 1st round picks as long as they are without a 2013 1st rounder?

Hypothetically, if the Rockets trade for Dwight and Lowry, Martin, and Dalembert are dealt in the process without any other contracts in return.

It leaves the Rockets around $46M in payroll, or around $12-14M in cap space.

Can the Rockets use all of their cap space through trade after July 1st, yet keep the MLE?

To maximise free agency wouldn't it be best to trade for a second star player who plays on the wing?

Dragic
    Parsons, Lee
    (2nd star)
    Scola, Donuts
    Dwight
    +1R pick, +MLE

Budinger or Morris or Patterson + cap space for 2nd star?

10. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

I gotta question for Bima, does Frederic Weis still count agains our cap as a cap hold? Storytellerscontracts.com doesn't have him listed but Shamsports.com does.

Thanks, Jason