1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Taking a look at Omer Asik Trade Possibilities

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 19, 2013.

1. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Ainge still owes Houston after throwing the ball at Mario Elie's face when he was with the Suns! :mad:

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Regular season wins I would easily trade to have a better overall squad come May. Sure you might lose a seed or two, but if it's to ensure that we get the best possible outcome out of trading Asik then I'm fine with it.

3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

This is how i feel.

Losses dont bother me so much right now because this isnt out "final" roster yet.

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

In hindsight, that was proven to be a mistake, but the temptation to have 48 minutes of rim protection was too much to give up. Who knew Asik was going to be a damn diva? I didn't. I thought he would be the quintessential professional despite his demands to be traded.

Asik is making McGrady look good by comparison. I hate quitters.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You know if I'm Morey I actually think about making a call to Pat Riley and talk about sending Asik to Miami for the short term contracts, of Haslem, Chalmers, & Ray Allen & the Philly 2014 first rounder they own(which really is just 2 second rounders in 2015 & 16) just to screw with the rest of the NBA.

(trade can actually work)

If it was reported that Miami was about to acquire Asik for next to nothing, you'd have to think that other contending teams would flip out. Could be fun.

1 person likes this.
  6. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

So we'd give up asik + lin + 2014 1st round pick + cash for a back up center, and a back up pg... Hmmm, no thanks.

7. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

@ChrisMannixSI: Nothing to Omer Asik-Jeff Green talk, per source. Celtics happy with Green.

8. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

GOOD.

Nothing against Green, I just didn't care for his contract. Same with Thad Young.

9. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Evan Turner went to the Locker room during the game. Didn't say why lol

10. rocketblood713

Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 5m Nothing to Omer Asik-Jeff Green talk, per source. Celtics happy with Green

11. rocketblood713

Soooooo no Green = more and more like Hawes or Milsap

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

never mind he returned

13. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

[​IMG]