1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Dwight Howard's a Rocket, is LaMarcus Aldridge next?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 15, 2013.

1. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

he has one year after this and a player option for 2015 free agency...

but he can just like melo did.

If he starts demanding a trade and saying he will only go to houston...it will decrease his value. Portland doesnt want that to happen.

Players can force trades...it doesnt look good, but they can.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

If Llull finally decides to comes next year, going by past deals, most of these guys are brought over on 2M to 3M/yr deals. It could be another cap friendly contract. The addition of a buyout isn't that significant when stretched over 3 or 4 years.

3. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

Based off the timing of the reports, I seriously doubt Parsons would be included in the deal (Morey wouldn't trade Parsons while they are recruiting Dwight....), so yeah, I'm rooting for Portland to flop now.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think its obvious now that Parsons is pretty much a LOCK on the Rockets.

Chandler Parsons is the "rush chair" of the Houston Rockets fraternity!

I am sure he is "texting" Aldridge as we speak. :p

5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Fixed it for you.

6. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

How much can we offer LMA?

7. cardpire

cardpire Member

canaan = chalmers.

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

First, we need the Robin Lopez experiment to fail (and it will).

Second, we need one of DMo or TJones to play like a legitimate starting PF.

Lastly, we need LMA to keep the pressure up on Portland. Doesnt have to be public, just make it clear that you WILL leave in FA.

Then.

Asik + Beverley + DMo + Rockets 2014 & 2016 1st + 2 2nds (returned to Portland) for LMA.

9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Dang, there is always someone smarter than me in the garm....:mad:....:p

10. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I really like your thinking on this. I don't think just Aldridge making it known he wants to go to Houston will be enough to deter other teams from bidding for him at the 2014 deadline. A year and a half rental at his prise is still a good deal and a lot could happen in that time so teams may take that risk.

I think if you throw in a good contract like Beverley, you can seal the deal for the 2014 deadline.

11. Raven

Raven Member

That's too much.

Asik + whatever we can get for Lin from a third team + our 2015 first round pick.

12. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

If Morey can get a lotto pick for Lowry why not one for Lin or Asik? Thats one possibility. That being said the Blazers fans are also high on Greg Monroe and Detroit is in win now more and needs a PG. Why not a three way trade of Lin and Jones to Detroit, Monroe and Asik to Portland and LMA to Houston? Maybe take back Charlie V or hand over Moti as well to Detroit.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think the Rockets could keep Beverley out of the deal. Blazers have Lillard and McColumn. Sure another team could try to trade assets for Aldridge. But again, if Aldridge WALKS as a UFA in the summer of 2015...how many teams are willing to give up top assets for that? There aren't as many risky GMs these days as risky as Morey.

Rockets just have to keep their cap situation "open" for summer of 2015 to be a "threat" to Aldridge signing in Houston. As long as that threat is there, GMs will be cautious.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This trade deadline is going to be very interesting here in Houston. I have a feeling you're going to be hearing the Rockets involved in some really intriguing trade offers (not that we don't already hear that every season). However, I think this time, we could be in a prime position to acquire a THIRD STAR instead of just the first. Crazy times here in Houston.

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Lowry was on a highly favorable contract. Could probably get a similar type pick for Asik, but I don't think he could get the same caliber pick for Lin. But who knows, hard to doubt Moreys ability to surprise us.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

If either/both have a break-out year then why trade the breaker-outer? Why not keep him/them and have the position manned positively while also retaining the world's best 2nd string 5? :confused: :confused: :confused:

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No kidding. At this point, I would consider Parsons to be untouchable, along with the two superstars, of course. Otherwise, you have to figure everything else is on the table in the way of players and picks. I don't want to lose Asik, but Portland has been trying to get a very good center for, what, decades now? Asik would be a perfect fit there. They might be interested in Jeremy, they might not. He'd come off the bench for them, obviously, but with Allen as owner, you wouldn't have to worry about the "balloon payment" making a difference. That's chump change to Paul Allen. Portland has a significant Asian population, and Jeremy could be a nice draw for them. Just a thought.

Excellent, Clutch, as usual!

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Remember those threads talking about "adding RYAN ANDERSON" in a trade for Asik? LOL.

Like Clutch said in the podcast...Morey is going to MAX the VALUE of Asik. And it is not going to be a role player like Ryan Anderson.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

We have to keep Parsons to recruit the next superstar and make him the Rockets GM after his playing days are over. Superstars don't want to play with uglies.

20. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Yes please to Aldridge!