1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Patrick Beverley hopes to return to Rockets, but Chandler Parsons is calling

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 29, 2015.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Just like Parsons I don't want him back regardless. I think we can do better.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You guys are hilarious, you can't blame Bev for shopping around or Parsons trying to improve his team.

Hell it is just like select sports that my kids play, you want the best players on your team - anything that improves your team.

DD

3. Voltik

Voltik Member

Bev was the most disappointing player this year while he played. He couldn't guard anyone or shoot the 3 or shoot the 2. All he brings his tough play and heart. I am not sure what's that worth. Bev would be a good backup pg but he's not worth it if he can't D or shoot 3.

4. OUTITAN

OUTITAN Member

Beverly's worth was clearly on display this post season. He's worth a 5-6 point swing per game over Terry and Prigioni. With Beverly the Rockets are still in the series instead of home now.

5. Solaris

Solaris Member

Morey need to match whatever Cuban offers.

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Does anybody have a link to how Beverly broke his hand?

7. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

He would be a perfect fit if he's willing to take less money and be a bench player.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No. If Cuban overpays him, it will make it harder for the Mavs to pay big bucks for a bigger player.

Cuban of course knows this, but there might be a chance that he wants to "stick it" to Morey.

9. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

I think Cuban probably learned his lesson with Parsons.

10. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Bev's defense is overrated. I would do a sign and trade for him. Add in TJones and Knicks 2nd rounder for Jeff Teague

11. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

We definitely need an upgrade at starting pg but would love to have bev on the bench w the second unit of brewer, smith, capela and hopefully a sharp-shooting wing. Assuming it isn't a parson's like offer I think money has every intention of matching.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You see that won't happen. Morey wouldn't let Bev at $3 mil get away. That's too good a value. Morey is all about value.

13. MD_in_Training

No way Hawks would take that. They have Teague on the cheap for 8/year.

14. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Bev wants to get paid, I don't blame him. He came here and played for peanuts compared to his value (Saying that $250,000+ a year is peanuts is absurd btw). Bev will probably net himself $4-6 mill/year somewhere. I'm not sure Houston is that team though.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

He would fit the team great. Much better than what Rondo did. All he has to do is stand in the corner for the three, defer to Dirk and Parsons, and play defense.

3 and D players fit anywhere.

16. HTM

HTM Member

You mean the guy who is getting older and less productive every season and sees the light at the end of the tunnel and the guy who is having potentially career altering/ruining surgery?

Sure, that sounds promising.

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He'd fit about as well as Rondo did. The Mavs like to get up and down the floor and score in bunches. And while Bev is quick, he's not really a very good ballhandler or distributor. And his shot ain't much better than Rondo's. I honestly don't know what Cuban is thinking if he tries to lure him over there to start for them. Maybe he feels the Mavs don't have any realistic alternatives, but if the best you can do is Patrick Beverley, then maybe it's time to seriously consider rebuilding instead of reloading.

18. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Yes but he isnt a starter on a championship team

19. alethios

alethios Member

that's why it cracks me up that he won the PG skills challenge during the ASB. Basically, because no one else could hit their 3s. Still I love his intensity and he would make a good backup to have in 3&D situations.

20. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

Will you trailer-trash *please* stop these stupid ideas. ATL was the top seed in the East and does not have a single player on its roster worse than TJ nor any need for a second-round pick. And for one of their best starters?