1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Open Letter to Royce White

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moestavern19, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Royce White doesn't know how to read.

2. SacTown

SacTown Member

Royce white owns your thoughts and dominates your emotions.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

His response, if any, will be something like, "I'm not trying to put myself above ANYONE, I just want health #protocol. #BeWell"

4. Nook

Nook Member

Dear Moes:

The wombats in my nose teeth wont stop the echo in my skull.

Live Well,

Martian First Class Royce White

5. Convictedstupid

Nice read.

InB4 royce attacks you on twitter.

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Thank you for the letter. DM: thank you for drafting Royce White. I don't pretend to know the answer, I just hope for an outcome that's a win-win-win. For the team, for the player, for the future of the franchise.

Good luck to you, RW; good luck to us as fans for a resolution positive on all levels - - health and court success.

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I hope this moves his mind just a little bit...

8. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Good job! Maybe someone can tweet the link to him.

9. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Someone tweet it to him. I wonder what his response to it will be. Probably the same crap excuse for everything else.

10. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

11. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Kudos to Clutch for deciphering some of what I was trying to say and making it clearer. Good editor, that Clutch.

I never consider writing a waste of time, but since I was really hoping to be a Royce White fan and was excited to see him play, I felt I wanted to extend some thoughts his way about how his tweets are reflecting negatively on him.

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

Nice work, Derek.

14. Classic

Classic Member

Nice writing.

15. MONON

MONON Member

Well written letter, moe & a well placed rep to your editor. RW has a great oppertunity to do some good for the mentel health issues in the world. Unfortunately, he also has the "take the bull by the horns" approach to solving a problem that most college grads have. He has to realize that sometimes it's best to "take the bull by the tail and slow it down" approach. Rome wasn't built in a day.

I wish him the best!

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Very well said, moestavern19.

However, I am not optimistic that White will ever get it. Maybe that's why I am not a mental health professional. At the end of the day, it's not what the doctor does, but what the patient decides to do.

The thing is, White sees this as a #medical issue. Most other people see this as a #character issue. I am with those--especially those who are struggling with illnesses of one kind or another--who believe that using #medical conditions as excuses for #character issues is a very cowardly behavior.

Yet, mental illness is such a b**** because it does interfere with personality and thereby affect character. The boundary between #medical issues and #character issues becomes blurry with mental patients. Where do you draw the line?

17. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

I don't understand how people can think that another person wasted X amount of time in their life doing something that they wanted to do.

18. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

This guy's too blind to listen to others. He believes he's a prophet of God who knows all the #truth in the world. Too bad he's still living as a punk teenager.

19. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

i'm embarassed on royce's behalf. on that note, i will begin following him on twitter today to laugh along!

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Thanks for taking the time to do this. I can only hope Royce White sees the wisdom in it.

The Rockets are an exciting young team, and adding a committed Royce White to the mix would make it all the more fun to watch.