1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans on 1560am - 2009-10 season (Next: 4/16/2010 @ 1:15pm)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 17, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Only for the hot moms.

DD

2. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

is the podcats up?

3. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

Pervert!!!

:p

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

JL: Starts off talking about Justin Bieber

DH: No comment.

JL: Last we talked, a little bit better and then falling apart again. Good against Memphis, falling apart against 76ers

DH: Memphis game was really nice to see the defense step up since Memphis is a good offensive team and are good at home. Locked them down, Joey Dorsey might of caught them off guard. A dud against the Sixers. Story of the last few months, surprise you with a good game then come back and lose a game they should've won. Story we've seen quite a bit.

JL: Feb 18th trade deadline..Aldridge speculating about Ty. Thomas, Caron Butler coming Texas - Houston or Dallas. What are you hearing about those 2 inparticular?

DH: Thomas an athletic freak. Outstanding in those areas. Has heard about Butler. Ironically, the name I've really been hearing the last few days which truly wasn't in there is more Kevin Martin. The Rockets are pushing hard for that hoping Sac. gives up Martin.

JL interupts: How do you do that? How do you get Kevin Martin? What is there for Sac to do it? Purely financial?

DH:Good question. Tyreke Evans maybe makes him expendable, probably speculating because everything up to now said Sac. wouldn't move him. They do have contracts in Nocioni and other salaries they'd probably like to move. Again, up til now, they said they wouldn't move him but in my view from a pie in the sky acquistion like Granger, Kevin Martin is probably where the Rockets want to go. Effiency wise, he is gonna add the most to the team.

JL: Check out Clutchfans..

JL: If they had one thing to add before the td if it's not a home-run deal, I think Morey would add a defensive piece and someone in the middle to slow down opposing defenses.

DH: Yeah, I think that'd be right up there. Personally, I think thats #2. I think they need that but their style has been offense so far. Offense hasn't been that great. 25th in FG%. 16-4 when TA1 shoots 40% or better so if they add a 2 guard who is efficient scorer, I think it would have a huge impact like a Kevin Martin type player. But certainly if its not #1 it's 1B that they need a defensive post presence and that's why you're hearing rumors of Butler, Iggy that come with a C.

JL: Honestly, what kind of chance you give them of making a deal.

DH: I think they'll def. make a deal. We've heard rumors of Bullard saying they maybe won't trade him. I dont think that's gonna happen. I think they'll trade him no matter what even if it's for other expirings and a small asset. I think he's going to be used as a minimum to get the team under the LT. I think we'll see a deal but I'm tempering my expectation; I'm not expecting Butler, Iggy, Martin. I think we're all hoping for something like that but I do expect him to get moved, absolutely.

JL: Hmm, very interesting and that is the 18th. Heading toward the ASB. They've had their struggles as of late but have won 3 of 5. First half, since we won't talk to you before the ASB, overall team? Better than you thought?

DH: Better than I thought, overachived greatly. For their numbers, it's a lottery team but are competing for a playoff spot. Surprised me in a lot of ways. Huge road wins. Stunning road wins. They got some talent but are missing some pieces(Yao) but gotta get that second scorer hopefully in the wing position that'll make them a contending type team.

JL: They can't shoot and can't shoot from long range and don't defend the shot real well, how the heck are they 27-23?

DH: It's amazing, top 10 in rebounds, get off a lot of shots, out shoot teams, not a lot of margin for error.

JL: Number 0, Brooks is unbelievable. Give 14 credit, give everyone credit but Aaron is what makes this team go. I wish he was getting a look in the ASG. Instead of Kaman, I wish Aaron Brooks could get a look. Not crazy about him running the show but is he fun to watch. Interested to see what team looks like when Yao gets back. Aaron will have to adjust when/if a star comes back and Yao comes back.

DH: Yeah, he is in a feature role which he has pretty much assumed. Wasn't the case early on. Ariza grabbed those reigns and Brooks has taken over since. [Talks about Brooks numbers]. Chauncey was correct injury replacement, could of make a case for Brooks in second injury replacement when Kaman took it. Would've been nice to see him. He has gotten a lot of trade interest. Carl is most in demand, but Aaron getting a lot of interest.

JL: What about the thought that maybe because Carl stepped game up and because maybe you could get back Brad Miller or Ty Thomas, what about the possibility of Luis Scola being dealt?

DH:I think it's higher now. That's the exact name I've been hearing. Particularly in the Kevin Martin scenario where I was told they would give up Scola in a scenario like that. So I think if it's anyone that is going to go, my hunch is that it would be Scola, sadly. I love his game and like him as a fan but if any rotation player that is going to go, I think it's good chance it's Scola.

JL: Don't tell Nuno. He'd be sad, they are BFFs. ... I'd tear up a little bit. He has really stepped in and been terrific. Made Rockets basketball fun to watch. ... Here we are; trade deadline looming, ASB is here. OK, who do you think is going to win the ASG? East or West?

DH: I'm pulling for the West. I think the way they play that game, I'm going West because it's in Dallas but the way they play that game, defense is not an option. So I'm gonna pick the West.

JL: Going to the game?

DH: No, I'd love to but not going.

JL: What about it being in Jerry's world. It's gonna be a circus.

DH: It's gonna make it quite a spectacle. I'm looking forward to seeing it in there. I was a little surprised. Thought Cuban would want it in his arena but it's gonna make it a great game. Looking forward to it.

JL: Gotta read this, Rick in Missouri City, huge Spurs fan; unreal level suckitude of Richard Jefferson - It finally happened. Spurs stuck with bad contract and giant bust of Richard Jefferson. It's over. Like waiting to open a Christmas present only to find a gift wrapped turd in a box. Welcome to the lottery. They say it's a lock Ginobili wont be a Spur next year. Won't give him an extension. Its weird seeing the potentially end of the Spurs, like it, but Tim Duncan getting old. Ginobili with sharp downturn. Jefferson didn't work out.

DH: Yeah I'm surprised as well. A chance he could turn it around but they're stuck with him. Surprised we didn't see better out of Jefferson.

JL: If anything breaks, we wanna call you and get your thoughts.

END

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

<div>
    <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" width="210" height="25" id="mp3playerlightsmallv3" align="middle">
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
    <param name="movie" value="http://www.podbean.com/podcast-audio-video-blog-player/mp3playerlightsmallv3.swf?audioPath=http://thegame.podbean.com/mf/play/ths8ge/hardisty2910.mp3&autoStart=no" />
    <param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
    <embed src="http://www.podbean.com/podcast-audio-video-blog-player/mp3playerlightsmallv3.swf?audioPath=http://thegame.podbean.com/mf/play/ths8ge/hardisty2910.mp3&autoStart=no" quality="high" width="210" height="25" name="mp3playerlightsmallv3" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /></embed>
    </object>
    <br /><a style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-weight: normal; padding-left: 41px; color: #2DA274; text-decoration: none; border-bottom: none;" href="http://www.podbean.com">Powered by Podbean.com</a>
    </div>

6. Egghead

Egghead Member

Dave mentioned Scola would most likely be dealt if the Rockets traded for Kevin Martin... I think this is what it would look like...

[​IMG]

Rockets get Kevin Martin
    Kenny Thomas expires after this season.. Hilton Armstrong is a young 7 footer, he has a qualifying offer around 4 MIL for next season... so the Rockets can choose if they want to accept that offer or let him go..

7. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

That's a good looking trade, best part is that we wouldn't get stuck with Nocioni's contract under this scenario.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, maybe Scola would stick around Sacramento with a fellow Argentine there?

9. Hball

Hball Member

Why would sacremento want scola when they have Thompson, plus martin would only make us worse defensively considering we'd have to go through the Lakers kobe and artest will take him directly to the post.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/2010/02/trade-chatter-f.html

11. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

True, but the whole point of the Kings trading Martin is to either get cap relief or a player to build with. This trade accomplishes neither. Scola is a fine role player but he's also a fine role player who's in his 30's and due a pay raise.

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Nuño is not going to be on the air doing this interview today since he's in Dallas for the All-Star Game, so I think it will be with Richard Justice and Ken Hoffman today ...

13. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I didn't think people from Houston were allowed to go to this all-star game.

14. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Richard Justice? Oy...

15. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Good luck Clutch because this will be a LONNNNGGGGGGGG segment with the Media and Hoffy, I thought Marcus was also going to be on too?

Can you discuss Mike Miller and the possiblities of him being a Rocket FINALLY!!!

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Never good to talk to non-basketball guys heh.

"Is it the coaches fault he never had that heart or drive or desire?"

Come on now, he's always been like that. Superior talent, never had that drive or desire such as Kobe or LeBron or Wade that put in the time.

Good stuff as always though Clutch. TD can't come soon enough!

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Good stuff as always. Thanks clutch. Much better than I thought without Puff :)

18. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When can we expect the podcast to be up?

19. LifeisButaDream

I know this funny.but remember someone on real gm said they were related to Nocioni and that Nocioni was asked if he would like playing in hou.this was like two months ago.did anyone else see this?

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

You already asked this, but no, I dont think anyone saw this.