1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Not much to dislike about the Rockets signing Carmelo Anthony

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 23, 2018.

?

Do you like the Rockets move to sign Carmelo Anthony to a one-year, $2.4M deal?

1. YES

460 vote(s)
    95.2%
  2. NO

23 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Great thing is I never liked him that much. But I will try rooting......... Melo for 3......nothing but net.

2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Nice article @Clutch - reiterates a lot of the same things I have been saying. The narrative that Melo is supposed to be an Ariza replacement needs to die because it's simply not true. I do believe this is the year that Anderson finally gets moved but even if not, Melo is still an immediate upgrade at that spot that costs us next to nothing. He also isn't playable in a GS series, BUT he will help us keep up the 57+win pace to make us competitive for the 1st seed.

I find it laughable that I still near nonsense(particularly from the TV dudes at ESPN) that Houston is somewhere behind San Antonio(Because the Spurs added Derozan to a 47 win team and Pops is out for revenge?!?!) and maybe New Orleans(because AD is going to be an MVP this year according to them)... I mean, just ridiculous....

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I actually would have voted no if it had been the majority or all of the MLE, but I am in agreement for the min.

I really hope it works out and that this doesn't give Mike Dan Tony fits.

xaos, Red Chocolate, BMoney and 3 others like this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Grudgingly yes, as I think Melo's days as a main man are over, he is a much better version of Joe Johnson, and is not afraid to shoot like Ryan Anderson.

And the Rox have a heirarchy in CP3 and Harden - so good there.......I am cautiously optimistic, but I view Melo as a cancerous player, so not thrilled but once signed he is a Rocket.

DD

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I can see Melo playing a lot of stretch 5 when teams pull out their small ball lineup. Melo can cover Green and Melo would make Green keep it honest.

7. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Bet this article was written weeks ago with just blanks to fill in...just saying we’ve known it was “happening” for a while.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. B-Bob

Oh no. Road Melo only confirmed. :(

BMoney and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

I want to know who were those 4 voted no and why.

D-rock likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

You want to be the team that signs Carmelo Anthony to play with Harden and CP3 and not the team that trades away James Harden.

chievous minniefield and BMoney like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Can CP3 learn from Harden how to stay healthy?

12. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I'll gladly take Melo at the vet min.
    On a side note, he's still getting paid his 28 million contract by his other team right? Pretty sweet deal; Rockets get him at 2.8 mil and Melo gets 30.8 mil to play on a contender

D-rock likes this.
  13. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

14. kevcai

kevcai Member

I can't wait to see Melo get some mismatched ISOs at the elbows/mid post area. CP3 and Harden are amazing ISO players, but neither of them can play bully ball the way Melo can.

We did a great job attacking Curry last year but imagine him trying to stop Melo on the low post...it'll be even more physically/mentally draining for him.

15. BigBum

BigBum Member

Why so many people compare him to Joe Johnson, last 2 years of Kobe Bryan, Ryan Anderson?

16. B-Bob

The most amazing thing about that gif is that its creator insisted on trying to animate Morey's head onto the splits move. Much like someone ripping open their pants, the gif completely fails during the splits, but that makes it so, so much better than it would be otherwise.

hakeem94, Nook and theDude like this.
  17. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

18. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

There's a real chance he might be a locker room / team chemistry cancer. Hoping CP3 and JH's leadership can keep him in check, and bring out the best in him.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

20. KiLLiN

KiLLiN Member

100% agree. We've seen time and again that players who are put in the right situation (friends, culture, offensive/defensive system, winning, etc.) can do wonders. While we don't have a spectacular track record with veterans ccoming for cheap, we have to take some leaps of faith and get lucky eventually - trust that our culture will help pave the way.

napalm06 likes this.