1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans - my man 100 grand!

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by DaDakota, Nov 27, 2016.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is my 100,000th post as DaDakota - here at Clutchfans - been thinking about what to say at this dubious milestone.

The first thing that comes to mind is that when I joined here in like '96 or '97 there were only a few of us around, and it was like being in a secret club of Rockets fans - it was Clutchcity.com back in those days. Clutch himself lived in Austin, and we used to get together at the local bowling alley with Major, RM95 and a few others to watch the games in the bar - way before NBA league pass.

This site, and Clutch have come a long way from being just a message board, it has been an honor watching Clutch get more and more access and leading the charge in electronic media for sports, from first being banned as press because the newspapers complained about it, then having Morey come in and lifting that ban and embracing this site as much as traditional media - and having Clutch put together some amazing stories, podcasts, and insights on here, and for a guy that lives in Austin, this is by far and away the BEST place to get news.

So, what does all of that mean? It means I want to say to Clutch and his crew - THANK YOU!!!

Thank you for putting up the best place for Rockets talk on the planet, thank you for engaging and your patience with the community, thank you for putting up with emotional fans like myself, thank you for keeping the discussion on here mostly civil. And thank you for all the time and effort (Unpaid I might add) for what you do for us on this site.

So, 100k, what does that mean? Well, it means I post a heck of a lot, and it means that I have been here a long time - probably around 20 posts per day if you consider I was on hiatus for about a year (Deservedly so, I might add). And that seems like a lot, except when you consider all the times that we are watching games and just vent like it is a chatroll - instead of thinking - now who would ever do that? ;)

This place is my homepage, my place to talk to fellow Rocket fans and more than that a place to vent - and anguish over our favorite team. We may not all be the same race, sex or religion, but we are all united as Rocket fans and that is actually quite the hopeful thing, if we can be all kinds of folks and still unite behind a common goal - maybe the rest of this crazy world has a chance?

Anyway, thanks to everyone that has been on here talking with me, arguing about my many favorite players, or just discussing, football, soccer, or our favorite team - the Rockets.

We make up one crazy internet family - and I am honored and proud to be a part of it - thanks for putting up with me for 20 years - let's hope I am still around in 2036 - because by then this will be a VR Rockets site where you feel like you are sitting LIVE in a Rockets game......hey, that sounds like a helluva good idea for a new kickstarter - if only I knew someone that could do one of those.... :)

So again, 100k down - x amount more to go.

Thanks to you all - and especially thanks to Clutch, the crew and LHutz (man I miss that guy).

DD

gotsis, ghettocheeze, bnb and 22 others like this.
  2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

^^

Truly Brilliant

DD!

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

99ers rule

4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Congrats DD!!! It's like you've built the Great Wall of China all by yourself!!!

100k posts ..... :confused:o_O:eek:;)

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

The world is yours

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Oh my, the universe didn't implode. What a relief!

Congrats, DD. Even though I don't agree with you most of the times, but you are a warrior and mostly good hearted.

Now I wonder who is going to break the 100K barrier next, and when. It's like Kareem's career scoring record. It's gonna be a long time before someone can break it.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

DD
    Is the Tom Herman of Clutchfans

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

True greatness.... well true volume

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Hat tip to you, DD. We only agree half the time, but you always manage to entertain. :)

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

congrats, but are the rumors accurate? did clutch really knight you? we really have to start addressing you as Sir DD now??

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

DDD.

pippendagimp likes this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

And like Davos, a swift and just punishment was handed out for any transgressions.

Congrats DD, frame this post on your wall!

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

LOL

I like how he made sure to say his 100kth post "as DaDakota"

Who knows how many posts he's made total when you combine duplicates!

Kam likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

DD is keeping it real!! In the last 4 days he's added another 100posts to his resume!:eek:

I think he's made it a personal challenge to reach the 200k mark BEFORE anybody else even reaches the 100k barrier!!! I'm coming after you DD!!! Don't look now but I'm right on your heals! ;)

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I suspect it has something to do with the fact that I mentioned in a couple of posts how he had already far exceeded the 100,000 post count when factoring in his other IDs and all of this 'suspense' was moot.

justtxyank likes this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, no one likes a killjoy......which is what you were doing....BOOO on you... :)

100k is a milestone for the website, not sure if it is a good one, but it is kinda neat.

But Margrave was my only other account.....I have nothing to hide....doesn't bother me one bit that people say that.....

100k at DD is pretty ....well, not sure what it is...a whole helluva a lot of time here.

DD

#18 DaDakota, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. tinman

Supporting Member

He's going to reach 999,999

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, but you guys should stop Like-ing him so much, or he'll reach 5000 Likes before he hits 200K posts.