1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] moestavern19: Houston Rockets 2010-11 Season Preview

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 26, 2010.

1. acjeitherocket

nice read indeed...

LMAO @ what the Miller part..."For an aging seven-footer with the hops of a rhinoceros"

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I didn't write the article.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nice job Neckbeard !

:grin:

DD

4. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just take the credit Clutch... We won't tell... ;)

5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

That was terrible.
    :rolleyes:

6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

48 is a nice prediction. I think we would've won at least 3 or 4 more had Lowry not gone down for a stretch last year, followed by Martin. With the added depth and Yao, you have to figure 48-52 wins.

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

8. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

rookie still right to an extent. veteran a little condescending.. veteran is as veteran does.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I've got to say I am shocked and very disappointed in this Moes. Bobfinn's fantasy basketball league goes another day without a team-by-team writeup and now we learn this is what you've been doing with your time? I feel so.... let down.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Excellent job, Moes! Don't agree with every bit of it (I see them as between 50-54 wins. split the difference and say 52), but really enjoyed the read. You rightly place emphasis on the defence improving. I've been wondering how Miller, who's going to be a big plus on the offensive side, fits into the defence. I hope it's just rust, but he's got a long way to go.

1 person likes this.
  11. mFt82

mFt82 Member

Trevor who?

... That's the first.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

:confused:

If you couldn't tell by the name, moes is white...

Glad to see you found yourself a job you dirty bum. Good read.

13. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty good job.

14. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

What the?! Who knew? Great stuff my friend. Excellent read, very well written. Man this is a good day. I'm freaking pumped. Hopefully there will be more to come from you this season.

I will say though, I don't see this team having less than 50 wins, health permitting.

15. carolbmt

carolbmt Contributing Member

Great summary. My bold prediction: 55 wins IF there is no major trade at the deadline.

16. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

Good article and summary of the team. I am in the 52-54 range on wins though. I think we are that much deeper, younger and healthier this year to score more and play better D. We need the young legs to help.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Appreciate the feedback guys.

I'd like to think this team is capable of 56 wins like DD, but I think there is still a lot of maturation that needs to happen with the younger guys before this team really starts to blossom into a legit contender.

Right now I think they're on the cusp, but the defense is going to have to improve a lot from last year.

I'd be thrilled to be proven wrong, obviously.

At any rate, I'm just glad to see the season is starting again and I'm anxious to see what the future holds.

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I always appreciate good writing. It is indeed an art that very few possess.

Just two things. I think we will win 52+. I also think Ariza's toughness and ability to guard big, fast players like Kobe, Lebron, Melo, etc, will be sorely missed sometime during the regular season when Shane might be worned out.

19. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I'd say around 48-52 wins is reasonable. And everywhere I looked agrees that this will be a good year for the Rockets, but next year they will shine.

Oh and anyone notice that last year Rockets were the best in losing a game when they have a 10 point or more lead. They lost 16 games while leading 10 points or more.

The only problem I see with the Rockets this year is closing out games. We were ranked as a top 5 defensive team in the preseason. So it seems like we have been doing a better job on offense, all we need to worry about is closing out games and we should be good.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You're very right, and I still think this is the team's Achilles heel. I'd love to see Kevin Martin step up and hit daggers down the stretch but I'm not sure he is going to be able to do that.

When you have so many games that come down to the final couple of minutes you see just how integral it is to have a 4th quarter assassin.