1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Mock Draft - Texans 1st Round v 3.0

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 15, 2016.

?

Who will the Texans pick at 1-22

1. Vonn Bell, FS, Ohio State

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Jack Conlin, OT, Michigan State

9 vote(s)
    14.1%
  3. Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor

5 vote(s)
    7.8%
  4. Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor

19 vote(s)
    29.7%
  5. Vernon Butler, DT, La Tech

7 vote(s)
    10.9%
  6. Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama

5 vote(s)
    7.8%
  7. Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame

8 vote(s)
    12.5%
  8. Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  9. Laquon Treadwell, WR, Mississippi

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  10. Other/Trade Down

6 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. Nimo

Nimo Member

We started out with Carson Wentz in the 1st mock draft then went with Ezekiel Elliot in version 2.0. It is now believed both will be unavailable by the time the Texans pick at 22.

Now with free agency well on its way and the college pro day results, who do you you think the Texans will pick?

2. Dash

Dash Member

I'm all in for Josh Doctson

3. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

I'd take one of the OTs or Coleman. Not sure its necessary/wise to draft a C in the first round...

4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Cory Coleman

5. rockets13champs

they need oline help we see it year after year

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Don't think either OT listed will be there at 22. Do like Coleman... and if he is there he'd be a very good pick.

7. Progs

Progs Member

Will Fuller

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

Conlin is mocked as low as 26 to the seahawks and Decker at 18 to the Colts. Either could be available.

9. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Walter Football just mocked Decker in the 2nd round (38th overall) so there you go... its all over the place! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

10. raining threes

I would trade #22 for Joe Thomas

11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

After the combine it was pretty clear Decker is a right tackle only if you can help it, and Conklin is probably a guy who you'd be happy with long term on the left side. Before, a bunch of people had them side by side. From that point on, Conklin has been well ahead of Decker pretty much universally.

Coleman and Conlkin are 1a and 1b for me. Not sure who I'd take if both were available. Coleman doesn't fit a need, but I feel the same way about him as I felt about Todd Gurley. How do you pass up that kind of special explosiveness for someone more mundane? On the other hand Brown has been so good for so long that we've forgotten what a disaster an unsettled left tackle position is.

A name I've seen drop in a few places is A'Shawn Robinson. Him and Butler are 2a & 2b for me. You can play both of them at end next year and possibly move them inside after that.

3 would be Billings. He's limited only to NT, but there are a couple of games (Oklahoma comes to mind) where he grabs the center by the shoulder pads, lifts him upright, and then drives him back into the QB on his heels. It's one of the most impressive things I've seen since I started watching this years games. Billings had 14 tackles for loss this year, and unlike most guys, he didn't get them by going around the offensive line, he got them by going through them. Coleman's explosiveness, Billings' strength, Tyler Boyd's hands, and Fuller's pure straight line speed are the four most outstanding individual "tools" that I've seen watching games thus far.

BTW, it pains me to like so many people from Texas teams this year. I normally dismiss the hype on those guys out of hand as the result of fever dreams from local homers.

#11 Ottomaton, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  12. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

what are the chances Quessenberry actually makes the roster this year and starts? is this even a possibility and a thought by the FO?

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

They also have Coleman in the 2nd round and might be the only ones to not mock the Titans to Tunsil. I stopped taking them seriously.

It will be interesting if Elliot drops to 22 though.

14. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

yeah exactly...there are usually about 10-20 consensus top players then the rest of the draft kind of goes fubar. These mocks just fuel our need for mindless speculation and something to talk about. I trust this regime to make a good pick in the 1st...after that....:mad::mad::mad:

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

draft a rookie QB and then trade away a pro-bowl tackle...

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Doctson, Coleman, Treadwell, or Billings although the DL depth this draft is unbelievable

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

wrong thread

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

19. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

According to Pancakes we are going with Corey Coleman, and there is NO WAY we are drafting defensive line in the first round.

So the Answer is Andrew Billings

20. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

From everything I heard over the course of this last season was that he was being sat so he could fully return to his playing size. He had lost a vast amount of weight during treatment, and it wouldn't have been possible to regain it all back in a healthy manner.

I would expect for him to compete for a backup role. He still has to learn to play inside, seeing that he hasn't spent time there since he got sick. It'll be a process, but the dude possesses a lot of talent. Just have to give him time to get there.

1 person likes this.