1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Luring Roy Hibbert Could Be Tough Task for Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 2, 2012.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Chandler is something that Chase will never be, and I don't know why anybody would compare them. Chase is a better pure shooter than Chandler, and while he has hops, he's not all that able to create his own shot like Parsons, and his defense is a little more suspect. I'm fine with the role Chase has settled into, it suits him well. If he is disappointing you, then your expectations were too high.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

If you sign Hibbert, he starts, Dally goes, and Camby comes off the bench.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I don't think you'll take heat for it. Most here would agree signing Camby at the Vet minimum for a couple of years to be a backup is best and probably the Rockets plan.

4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Yeah he should have moped on the sidelines or left to the locker room early like your favorite player.:rolleyes:

Or tweeted about how much the management sucks, like T Will.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Try to keep it about the players please. My favorite player for the record is and has always been Scola.

But clearly Chase has handled his benching very well....but then, it is not a contract year for him, either.

More things a good manager should consider.....in dealing with human beings.

DD

6. Pete the Cheat

we know you are always looking for a deal Pugs

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Parsons never looked terrible, the majority just didn't have a good impression of him because they thought he was stealing minutes from Morris. But his defense was solid right from the start, his offense took some time.

Remember that in only the second game of the season, Parsons dropped 13 points and 6 rebounds in only 16 minutes.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I hope the Rockets did tell him that he would likely be in the D-League with the depth that was in front of him. That's just being honest. No need to pump him up with false expectations. Its not like he's the one choosing who drafts him.

And I'm bothered by all these players who act like playing in the D-League is some sort of insult. Its kind of a slap in the face to many of their peers who had to make their way through the D-league and made themselves solid pros.

9. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

You can learn a lot more than just basketball from the d-league. A guy might learn that the d-league is full of guys just like him that thought they were gonna be big stars in the NBA. He might get to talk with some guys about how much it sucks playing overseas and that the money's not worth it. He might learn to work his A$$ off because making a living at basketball outside the NBA SUCKS BIG TIME. Or, he can sit around and piss and moan about how mistreated he is with his 7 figure income until he washes out of the NBA so he can go back to living with his momma.

F' these primadona pansys and their candy a$$es. If they can't take some time in the d-league, send em packing. Just think if Thabeet had half of Parson's drive and effort. I would give anything to have the chance Thabeet is wasting and just looking at his lazy ass pisses me off. TWill is a great example of the attitude that we should weed out, all he learned in d-league is that he could be a black hole with the ball and put up some stats. I think there was probably more he could have learned there and what he missed learning is going to cost him for his entire life.

Obviously you can learn confidence from playing middle schoolers.;)

10. DaDakota

The DLeague as it is constituted is a worthless joke, it is like NBA guys playing at the local YMCA, it is up and down garbage basketball....with no defense being played at all.

The only thing it is decent for is keeping guys in shape.

DD

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

As a whole right now, that is right. But remember the Rockets own their dleague club. That means they can put in a specific system and teach players based on what's going on with the parent club. That is very valuable.

12. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Your "just how I see it" translates into 10,000 hysterical posts, though.

13. DaDakota

Yeah, too bad they are not doing that - just watch some of their games.

Awesome, more traffic for the site....

DD

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

THIS.....

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Wait until Pat Riley calls. Camby will probably be lured to South Beach for a ring chase.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Minor league baseball isnt all that glorious either. I remember watching Brandon Bake play for Round Rock one game where he lit up the opposing team with a few home runs, and a triple as a pitcher himself. And thats after decades of building up MLB farm leagues. The talent level is always going to be a dramatic step down in the minor leagues.

Maybe it is bad basketball, but that doesn't change the fact that more and more teams are buying into affiliates because apparently they see some value in sending players there. Its not just the Rockets that are using it now. Even the Lakers are utilizing it.

Your right that there is alot of room for improvement with the overall play, but that doesn't mean that the NBA does not need a minor league system for the constant turnover the league sees year after year for talent that is never allowed a chance to develop properly.

The D-League is not where it needs to be now, but there are signs that it will be used more and more by NBA teams. The more teams that buy in as an investment, the better it will get. 4 years ago it was laughable how the Rockets were actually bringing up players from there, and now you have guys regularly coming in and making an impact and a having a pretty good career ahead of them. Seems to me that they were just ahead of the curve.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's home. He asked to come here and wants to retire here.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

How so? Clutch is reporting a story, and since I saw it first here, I'm damn glad he did. Don't shoot the messenger. I'll add that the psychology behind handling players, and potential players (possible draft picks) is nothing to sneeze at. I agree that Hibbert seems to be making too much of the comments he evidently heard from the Rockets prior to the draft, and that he would have benefited from a stint in the Valley, if the Rockets chose to send him there had they drafted him, but there would have been no harm done by simply not mentioning the possibility at the time. Sounds like he still remembers it, and not in a positive way.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Yes, the thought of sitting behind Yao and Deke and/or going to the D-league was unpleasant to him. As it would have been for most rookie bigs.

He does not, however, intimate that he holds it against the management for telling him that or for planning to do it.

He's just glad he didn't have to go through it. That's all he said. The only thing he said about the management was that he appreciated them being honest about it.

20. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

That's my point. On draft night he was a second rounder who would be behind Bud and Morris. No one knew not even Morey that he would come in and drop 13 points and 6 rebounds in his second game. Much less beat out Morris and Bud. Hence my "nothing is written in stone". It sounds like you agree with me.

Don't tell anyone they'll have to go to DLeague. Don't tell Parsons, don't tell Hibbert don't tell any draft pick we will have to send you to D-League. That's a negative thing to say. And the fact is no one knows what will happen... If a player will develop faster or who will get injured and open playing time for someone else to shine.