1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin fans race to defend Jeremy Lin from Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2014.

1. yunac010

yunac010 Member

There's also a good portion of Jeremy Lin fans who are obsessively deranged about Lin as well.

And NY had to deal with his fans for half a season. It's been two years here. Not to mention Jeremy was treated like a hero there while in Houston he's regarded as a solid role player.

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

3. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

DAMNNNNNN GOT 'EM Coach!

4. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

Lin is a humble guy...

1 person likes this.
  5. ParsonsBoy

ParsonsBoy Member

That is for sure. As the admin of the site, fans will be fans and they will are about anything and everything.

The fact that the site admin done this is just childish, just the same as the "LOF" or "LOH".

1 person likes this.
  6. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

My favorite argument is the "Clutch is trolling for more clicks or he'd ban the Lin fans, thus he secretly wants them around" argument.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

By the same logic, we never had this problem before Lin was here.

8. Dementium

Dementium Member

James is the freaking alpha dog of the team. The way hes been playing of course he gets ragged on.

Jeremy? He is a role player off the bench who would be lucky to log 30 minutes a game.

Which do you think gets more criticism? Which one do you think gets credited with losing us games?

9. hltiki

hltiki Member

10. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

How would you classify Rocket Fans that are defending Lin though?

11. yunac010

yunac010 Member

1 person likes this.
  12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol do you not remember the deranged racist vitriol spit at Lin from the NY fan base when he signed with Houston?

There absolutely would have been the same thing in NY had he stayed and there will absolutely be the same problem if and when he moves to a new team. His more outrageous loud fans will question the city and organization from top to bottom if anyone makes a remark about his poor play and if things(minutes, play style) aren't catered to Lin.

13. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Just like Parsons let his success and ego cloud his judgement and impact his on-court performance, Clutch, you seem to let your huge success with the great work you've done take control of yourself, and completely block your ability to listen to different opinions.

As I brought up before, since the day you launched your holly war against alleged "LOFs" - by officially endorsing the term "LOF" and labeling posters such way at will, the atmosphere here has deteriorated sharply.

Nowadays, LOF and LOH are simply becoming casual terms used for any people with any disagreement in heated conversation, even when Lin isn't part of it. Hopefully, that's NOT exactly what you wanted to achieve with this "LOF" thing.

I hoped that you could have handled it more gracefully, like you did during the peak of "YOF" argument - not getting involved and not endorsing it.

But now this, with another elimination game coming up in a hostile environment, more fuel for the already divided fan base, is really necessary?

Anyways, it's your site, you can do whatever you want to. You can promote whatever view, or encourage whatever posters you intend to.

I am still confident Rockets are going to pass Blazers.

2 people like this.
  14. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

You are a frigging idiot. Clutch speaks for me and other REAL ROCKETS fans. The Sixers are an important NBA franchise.. LOL! The Rockets have been one of the most relevant and prominent NBA teams over the past 30 years.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This ownage reminds me of the one that Hakeem laid out on David Robinson in 95.

"I dont know how to say it with a straight face, but most of the time I thought I defended him really well" - Lin fans on Lin.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Man, Clutch, I feels ya.

It was worse back in December. I guessed because a lot of Lin fans are young (high school college) and were on Christmas holidays.

I would parse any small hint of Lin criticism with outright bashing of Harden and McHale, but you wouldn't know it from the posts I'd get. And every time I tried to say, "Look, I just criticized the whole team, maybe you're not following me," eight more LOF would jump in.

I felt like Neo fighting the rapidly-multiplicating Agent Smith in "Matrix Reloaded".

It's seriously like arguing with a drunk.

P.S. Oh, yeah. LOFs love statistics. Don't tell them what you saw with your own eyes. "But the statistics show....!"

I want Lin to succeed as much as the next person, but my goodness.

17. Lihao

Lihao Member

i probably make it sounds like i'm accusing you as hater, i didn't mean it at all, Lin deserves criticism for his bad plays, every players deserve it.
    What i'm trying to say is there's a lot of time if you defend Lin or criticize another player's bad play, certain group of posters would immediately call you're an LOF . It's exactly the same as those delusional Lin fan calling every one LOH

1 person likes this.
  18. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Who's got the Mr Obvious meme? :)

19. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

That argument can be made against you too. When Harden hits a game winner, why is there 5 threads ahead of his by LOF's about Lin?

20. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Flew up to Manhattan with my girlfriend a few months ago, didn't want to rent a car since we were basically just going to hangout around time square, so we decided to hop on a cab. No less than 2 minutes our cab driver starts b****ing about America, about how snobby Americans are, about how corrupt our government is, about what savages our troops are...

This went on for about 35 minutes, when we get to the hotel he's still ranting as he takes our bags out of the trunk & I just stop him & ask him "Dude, why the **** are you here? If you hate it so much just ****ing leave"

.......If you hate it so much here, just leave.......

1 person likes this.