1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin fans race to defend Jeremy Lin from Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2014.

1. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Every one of these posts simply adds to the case. If you're incapable of looking at the flaws in your own thinking even after Clutch put it up right to your face, then honestly just stop posting. It's impossible for you to be rational.

2. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Well played Clutch. The backlash to the question of the original thread is comical. Interesting to see the mental branching of fans of both sides based off of an impartial statement.

3. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

If you're so disgusted then leave.

Please.

4. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

1) I don't know how aware people were of the quotes origin, but the interviews are online at csnhouston or rockets.com. If you are rabidly following the playoffs, I'd assume you were aware of them. I certainly knew where it came from.

2) According to other players and even (gasp) McHale, Lin is frequently too hard on himself. His analysis of his own play doesn't necessarily correspond to other peoples' analysis.

3) The poll put up as a bare question creates its own bias. That's why good pollsters (as in people who get paid to work in the field) spend so much effort crafting the questions they ask. In the context of the current clutchfans environment it would be hard not to interpret the question as biased if you didn't know it was a quote from Lin.

Point (3) above is the reason I didn't vote in the poll. I didn't know it was being done as an experiment, but I saw it was a Lin quote and was a bit disappointed it was being asked in that way and with the only context being the surrounding Clutchfans free for all over Lin's contributions in the series.

1 person likes this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Must be a conspiracy against Lin today.

6. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

I knew you were up to something. I thought there'd be a follow-up player analysis though.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Oh they get it. Clutch/Rockets fans are racist like Donald Sterling. Jeremy Lin hates Asians, otherwise Jeremy Lin wouldn't criticize Jeremy Lin's performance.

8. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

I love that Zach Lowe tweet. Lin fans hunt in masses and believe even national basketball writers can't criticize him.

9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Your clearly failed to understand some simple English here.

Let me (whose English is not my mother language) try to explain this to you in a simple way :

- He (Clutch) did not attack Lin, he just did a loud FU to those LOF in his house.

10. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

Since we cant make people leave, Clutch can much more easily ban people he deems LOFs. He wants the views/clicks.

Like I said, couldve been done a long time ago, but instead he makes a bait post to get people more riled up and continue the madness.

11. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Look around. Do you see anyone defending James' play this series? If it wasn't for the burst he had late in the fourth he'd be vilified right now, yet, you don't see anyone blindly defending him. That, to me, is the difference.

12. hltiki

hltiki Member

must've gotten under his skin

at least us foreigners are good for somethin. AMIRIGHT?

13. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

The only this proves is how obsessively deranged Clutchfans, and the portion of the Houston fan base it represents, is about Jeremy Lin. He never had this problem in NY. Houston has a small market mindset despite being a big city.

I really doubt the fan base of the Lakers, Knicks, Bulls, Celtics, Sixers or other important NBA franchises would feel the need to write something like this on the day of a playoff elimination game.

1 person likes this.
  14. RedHotRockets01

15. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Nice. Clutch fought some of his website users and won.

Now what? Those being quoted should be thrown out of Clutchfans?

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

17. Dementium

Dementium Member

I am not even going to bother arguing man. You see what you want to see.

There aren't even that many LOFs left to begin with. This all started because some posters argued against Clutch in another thread. He took it personally and did this.

18. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

I definitely agree with Zach, the Lin crazies are really crazy. But it's a bit of a leap to get to Clutch's position that ALL Lin fans are crazy.

But if you want crazy, ain't nothin' touch the GARM.

19. Play07

Play07 Member

I didnt write in that thread Im too worried about the rockets coming back and getting this game 6, but I will say this thread is funny and clever.

however, I did read a few pages and check out the poll, your title says LIN FANS..... it was wayyyyyyyyyy more people than only lin fans going at you in that thread & voted that the statemnet was false, so you did flip it, but its still funny how you played it, but its way more to talk about right now than lin... lets get this WIN !!

20. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

And it was well deserved if you want to see it like that