1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin fans race to defend Jeremy Lin from Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2014.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Jeez. How old are you guys? :cool:

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Are there really people worried that this is somehow going to effect the performance of The Rockets tonight?

We(clutchfans) aren't playing tonight. The players are and they could give crap about what we argue about on here.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Clutch, an American hero.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. dookiester

dookiester Member

The point is Clutch desperately wants to prove a point about Jeremy Lin to Jeremy Lin fans, which is that he isn't biased against Jeremy Lin, Jeremy Lin fans just want to make everything about Jeremy Lin. But in doing so, Clutch becomes that which he claims not to be, and by continually going out of his way to make a point about Jeremy Lin, demonstrates his bias against Jeremy Lin. Congrats. Ain't nothing wrong with it, but at least stop being intellectually dishonest. You hated Rafer and now you hate Jeremy. You're entitled to your opinion, but don't pretend like you don't have that opinion.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Best thread I've ever seen.

6. munsteur

munsteur Member

This is rather stupid.

What is wrong with a fan defending the player? Do Harden's fans not defend Harden? Do Rocket fans not defend Rocket players?

"Jeremy Lin’s fans are a rabid bunch, large in quantity and not very accepting of criticism of their player."

This is a very weak and general statement. People see what they want to see. Can you specify exactly how many Lin fans are accepting and how many not accepting criticism?

In my opinion, you are just building on your own story here.

Your blatant distinction of "Lin Fans" and "Rocket Fans" as an admin to this site is just disgusting to me. How exactly do you categorize a poster as a "Lin Fan" or "Rocket Fan"? Does he/she only post about Lin and nothing else? Am I a "Lin Fan" or so-called "Rocket Fan"?

1 person likes this.
  7. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

You should be better than this Clutch. Really? Why make things worse on this board? This board is almost unreadable at times because of fans hating too much, and overzealous Lin fans. I dont see as much Lin homerism as it was in the beginning, but you make these threads to draw the worst out from both sides? This forum used to have really good posters, but you continue to just troll both sides. Are you just trying to get more traffic?

1 person likes this.
  8. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Lol well played

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. King901

King901 Member

Or maybe the Lof needed a wake up call and got it and are now butt hurt about it. Jackie Chan is mind blown right now.

11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Let me put this in perspective for you man (I'm not even going to be a dick about it):

I have referred to Harden as atrocious this series. Called Parsons pretty much non existent. Said Howard and Daniels are the only two who have played well.

I even gave lin props when he almost brought us back in OT even though we lost. I criticized him big for game 4 and readily admit he was a key factor in our game 5 win. I hope he does it again tonight.

You guys read and see what you want to see though. It's been the case since Lin signed here. Honestly, I think Jeremy would be embarrassed by the vast majority of his fan base. He's the polar opposite as a person.

12. ipa

ipa Member

Well the date of registration is a start... :grin:

1 person likes this.
  13. Dementium

Dementium Member

I read blogs from other NBA teams too and the fans from other teams can't understand why we rip into Lin so much. Sure he has bone headed plays sometimes but isn't he a Houston player?

It may not affect the outcome of the game, but way to show your loyal fandom in supporting the team right before the most important game of the season.

14. hltiki

hltiki Member

reddit was right

15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You need a brisk walk

16. ipa

ipa Member

Well, probably because LOF praise him so much...

There has to be a balance, or it all goes to hell!

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>When you write about the Rockets, you are reminded of one thing: the Lin crazies are really crazy.</p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/statuses/462307279103352835">May 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

ill be fine unless we lose tonight

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Hilarious that LOFs are using this thread as proof that Clutch/Rockets fans are too hard on Lin. They just don't get it.

20. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member